- New York, NY, USA
- 15-18 per hour base rate + tips
- Full Time
Med, Dent, Vision, 401K, Life, and more
General Manager, AGM, Floor Managers
Front of House
FLSA Non-Exempt, Hourly
As a team member of the Gjelina Group, every role is key in our mission to consistently create thoughtfully nuanced experiences for guests in each of our locations. We ask all of our team members to participate in knowledgeable and respectful communication with guests and each other, coming to work with a desire to learn and work together. Each position in our team requires teamwork, a flexible schedule, an ability to stay calm within a busy environment, the ability to multitask and stay organized.
Maintains the quality and integrity of all wine, beer, cocktails, and soft beverages produced at the bar and service stations. Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the bar, including side work, stocking, polishing glassware, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Job:
- Report for duty on time, clocking in for your shift using the timeclock
- Manage your time including taking rests and meal breaks in compliance with New York Labor Law; keeping managers informed when you leave the floor
- Maintain high standards of appearance and hygiene at all times, that includes clean hair, nails, and no heavy perfumes or colognes
- Adhere to all health, safety, alcohol control and sanitation protocols
- Know our regulars and encourage new guests to become regulars by establishing a rapport that includes the guests' likes and dislikes
- Organize, clean, and maintain all areas of the bar and bar storage areas
- Prepare the bar at the opening and closing of each shift; stocking, cleaning, preparing garnishes, washing and polishing glassware)
- Prepare all drink orders in accordance to all recipes provided by Gjelina Management
- Run drinks when time allows
- Attend to guest needs at the bar; occasionally placing food orders and bussing dishes
- Attend trainings and pre-shift meetings
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge of the cocktail menu and wine list, assisting guests with ingredient knowledge, pairings, etc.
- Responsible for understanding food menu and ingredients in each dish
- Fully understand the floorplan, table numbers, and seat positions of the entire venue
- Supporting the management team in all aspects of in-house service and events
- To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with our guests' satisfaction always in mind.
- To have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both guests and your colleagues.
- To be decisive, accepting responsibility for making things happen, thinking ahead and developing contingency plans (while ensuring that you have the support to get the job done).
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing environments.
- To maintain high team focus by strong leadership, showing cooperation, and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail
- Full knowledge of all beverage items in-house
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Must be able to climb sets of stairs, repetitively, throughout a shift
Certificates & Training:
- New York Alcohol Training Awareness Program
- NYC Sexual Harassment Training
- Must understand how to abide by the rules of the Department of Health related to Food Service and Employee + Guest Safety
THE GJELINA GROUP HAS CREATED A CLIMATE OF PURPOSEFUL INCLUSION, AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE ALL CAN FEEL AFFIRMED,SAFE, VALUED AND GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO THRIVE WITHIN THE COMPANY. WE APPRECIATE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE DIVERSITY OF HUMANITY,A DIVERSITY WHICH INCLUDES DIFFERENCES IN ,SEX,AGE,RACE,ETHNICITY AND NATIONAL ORIGIN,RANGE OF ABILITIES,SEXUAL ORIENTATION,GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, FINANCIAL MEANS, EDUCATION AND POLITICAL PERSPECTIVE. THESE BELIEF AND PRACTICES APPLY TO ALL OF THE ACTIVITIES OF OUR BUSINESS INCLUDING DECISIONS FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES OR EMPLOYMENT.