Reports to: General Manager, AGM , FOH Floor Managers
Department: Front of House
Position Classification: FLSA Non-Exempt, Hourly Employee
As a team member of the Gjelina Group, every role is key in our mission to consistently create thoughtfully nuanced experiences for guests in each of our locations. We ask all of our team members to participate in knowledgeable and respectful communication with guests and each other, coming to work with a desire to learn and work together. Each position in our team requires teamwork, a flexible schedule, an ability to stay calm within a busy environment, the ability to multitask and stay organized.
Provide full operational support during service; maintaining the cleanliness of the venue pre-service, during service, and after service. Set and reset tables in a timely manner, constantly manicuring tables throughout service, clearing tables with efficiency and grace. Assist in fulfilling soft beverage orders, coffee & tea orders.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Job:
- Report for duty on time, clocking in for your shift using the timeclock
- Manage your time including taking rests and meal breaks in compliance with New York Labor Law; keeping managers informed when you leave the floor
- Maintain high standards of appearance and hygiene at all times, that includes clean hair, nails, and no heavy perfumes or colognes
- Adhere to all health, safety, alcohol control and sanitation protocols
- Know our regulars and encourage new guests to become regulars by establishing a rapport that includes the guests' likes and dislikes
- Organize, clean, and maintain all areas of service, especially server stations
- Prepare the floor at the opening and closing of each shift; stocking, cleaning, and preparing for service
- Clear dishes and glassware from tables; know the proper way to remove a dish, how to carry dishes, and how to reset a table
- Polishing and restocking glassware as needed
- Prepare coffee and soft drink orders in accordance to all recipes provided by Gjelina Management
- Assist the bartender with stocking and restocking the bar, fulfilling orders, and clearing the bar
- Run drinks when time allows
- Attend to guest needs at the bar, and all tables on the floor
- Communicate clearly with runners, servers and managers to support with service
- Understand the floorplan, table numbers, and seat positions of the entire venue
- Attend mandatory trainings and pre-shift meetings
- Supporting the management team in all aspects of in-house service and events
- To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with our guests' satisfaction always in mind.
- To have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both guests and your colleagues.
- To be decisive, accepting responsibility for making things happen, thinking ahead and developing contingency plans (while ensuring that you have the support to get the job done).
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing environments.
- To maintain high team focus by strong leadership, showing cooperation, and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of all beverage items in-house
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Certificates & Training:
- NYC Sexual Harassment Training
- Must understand how to abide by the rules of the Department of Health related to Food Service and Employee + Guest Safety
THE GJELINA GROUP HAS CREATED A CLIMATE OF PURPOSEFUL INCLUSION, AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE ALL CAN FEEL AFFIRMED,SAFE, VALUED AND GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO THRIVE WITHIN THE COMPANY. WE APPRECIATE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE DIVERSITY OF HUMANITY,A DIVERSITY WHICH INCLUDES DIFFERENCES IN ,SEX,AGE,RACE,ETHNICITY AND NATIONAL ORIGIN,RANGE OF ABILITIES,SEXUAL ORIENTATION,GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, FINANCIAL MEANS, EDUCATION AND POLITICAL PERSPECTIVE. THESE BELIEF AND PRACTICES APPLY TO ALL OF THE ACTIVITIES OF OUR BUSINESS INCLUDING DECISIONS FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES OR EMPLOYMENT.