- McMurdo Station, ATA
Note: If you would like to be considered for more than one position or position tier, please individually apply for all positions that you are interested in. One application submitted for a specific position does not automatically include you to be considered for all positions that you may be qualified to perform.
Provide direct supervision of the Computer Technicians that provide PC support to users at USAP stations. The Lead position provides guidance and assistance for the maintenance, implementation, configuration and repair of all computer systems and related peripheral systems and equipment; the installation and configuration of computer hardware and software; and provides Tier 1 and 2 support for clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop project schedules and assign tasks to team members.
- Oversee day-t0-day tasking and PC Techs assigned to specific projects.
- Coordinate project resources and communication with team members.
- Assist the Computer Supervisor with project design, development, and implementation.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs on all computers, peripheral systems and equipment, according to current desktop standard configuration guidelines and documented procedures.
- Perform daily review of assigned work orders in order to prioritize tasking. Document resolution and close completed work orders.
- Accountable for offering technical guidance and mentoring of Computer Technicians with focus on accurate completion of work orders and execution of standard operating procedures
- Image, test, and install desktop/laptop computers for all new hire or temporary duty employees; this includes installing encryption tools and configuring wireless access as needed.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance of computer equipment as required.
- Facilitate vendor warranty return process, test and evaluate items returned from repair.
- Responsible for maintaining physical inventories and ensuring accuracy as directed.
- Participate in lifecycle replacement tasking and other technical improvement projects.
- Manage retrograde efforts for all computer equipment, this includes performing DoD data wipe on all hard drives and preparing required documentation.
- Provide AV support during occasional presentations outside of work hours.
- Participate in the creation of technical and procedural documentation. Perform annual/seasonal review of documentation.
- Handle confidential matters (personnel actions, management reports, etc.) in accordance with management policy.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring safety is the highest priority in the work place.
- All other duties as assigned.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residence is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. BS degree in Information Technology, science or engineering is preferred.
- Minimum four years of experience.
- Strong organizational, verbal/written communication skills and leadership ability required.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Deployment will be required in this position. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.
- Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure.
- Individual must be capable of operating a standard desktop computer; must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This is a full-time, seasonal position located in Antarctica.
- All expenses paid while on-ice; meals, lodging, medical, gear, travel to and from Antarctica.
- Performance Period: Oct 2023 - Feb 2024
- Employment will require candidate obtaining a public trust clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Sign Up For Job Alerts!