Note: If you would like to be considered for more than one position or position tier, please individually apply for all positions that you are interested in. One application submitted for a specific position does not automatically include you to be considered for all positions that you may be qualified to perform.
Responsible for team development, technical leadership, and supervising a group that supports specific areas of operation within the IT division. Responsible for the quality and timeliness of deliverables and implementation planning and execution. Responsible for compliance with existing ASC and Information Technology policies/procedures and direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for project implementation and delivery. This includes implementation tasking and scheduling. Prepare and maintain project and service records and reports and correspondence per ASC and IT policies and procedures as assigned.
- Ensure that assigned deliverables are accomplished to acceptable levels of quality and performance on schedule.
- Provide professional technical leadership to staff to establish a working environment consistent with Division goals and objectives. Encourage professional development, performance evaluations, team building, coordination, and cooperation.
- Work with management to determine project staffing and resource allocation requirements.
- Responsible for managing staff as assigned by IT Management. Oversee and assign daily tasking of staff. Responsible for implementing Information Technology standards, policies, and procedures for the United States Antarctic Program (USAP) as related to and required by the responsibilities of the assigned WBS.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority on the jobsite.
- Handle confidential matters (e.g., management reports) in accordance with management policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residence is required.
- BA/BS degree required. Equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of four years experience as a supervisor or technical lead is required.
- Project management experience strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, verbal/written communication skills and leadership ability required.
- Applicable technical and professional certifications preferred.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Deployment will be required in this position. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.
- Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure.
- Individual must be capable of operating a standard desktop computer; must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This is a full-time, seasonal position located in Antarctica.
- Position requires both a GHG initial employment background screening as well as a National Science Foundation coordinated Personnel Adjudication / Employment Background Investigation (EBI) screening.
- Required to attend any planning and reporting meetings with IT and Station Leadership as deemed necessary.
- May be required as deemed necessary to serve as a backup to the IT&C Manager in any and all capacity if the IT Manager is absent or incapacitated.
- All expenses paid while on-ice; meals, lodging, medical, gear, travel to and from Antarctica.
- Performance Period: October 2022 - February 2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled