- 21-Sep-2021 to 20-Nov-2021 (EST)
- Covington, OH, USA
- Full Time
The successful associate will monitor and maintain appropriate inventory levels of all purchased items while developing excellent vendor relationships. S/he will report directly to the Operations Manager but will communicate effectively with all departments to support the overall productivity of General Films, Inc.
- Purchase goods and/or services for most aspects of company operations within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Obtain product or service information from vendors such as price, availability, invoices and delivery schedule. Review's vendor payments for accuracy.
- Analyze proposals to determine best proposition and negotiate specific items if necessary.
- Create and maintain accurate records of purchasing history and vendor behavior.
- Contact vendors concerning discrepancies with quantity and quality.
- Liaison with all departments as necessary to resolve issues with purchased items.
- Analyze changes or new issues in materials and suggest methods to reduce costs and improve quality (including streamlining supply chain).
- Analyze inventory levels and product-demand to determine reorder points and stock levels to ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
- Develop a working technical knowledge of goods and/or services to be purchased.
- Provide reports and summaries as required.
- Maintain records for inspection purposes.
- Assist with other duties and other departments as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- Results oriented, critical, strategic thinker.
- Detail-oriented possessing excellent follow up, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to work independently with limited supervision in order to complete all assigned tasks
- Able to effectively analyze and interpret sales records, inventory levels and on-going changes in supply chain
- Service oriented and possessing a high level of integrity and quality output
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word & Excel
Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.