- 21-Sep-2021 to 20-Nov-2021 (EST)
- Covington, OH, USA
- Full Time
The successful associate will supervise a manufacturing team of approximately six people. He or she will ensure that the shift maintains a high level of productivity while ensuring that our quality levels are met at all times. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Training for this position will take place on day shift. Once training is complete this will be a night shift position.
- Consistently inspects production to ensure the product is being run according to the specifications of the job; takes corrective action to resolve problems
- Coordinates with other shifts and departments to provide quality product for our customers.
- Maintains accurate production and quality control records on a daily basis.
- Responsible for all shift production employees and equipment in the facility
- Actively maintains a safe working environment to prevent accidents and injuries
- Performs administrative duties such as associate counseling forms, vacation requests, and performance reviews.
Requirements and Skills:
- Able to work independently
- Detail-oriented possessing excellent organizational, time management, and follow up skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to effectively analyze and interpret the shift and workload to maximize productivity and minimize scrap.
- Computer literate with proficiency utilizing software products such as: MS Word, Excel and Email applications
- Able to calculate amounts such as proportions, percentages, area and volume
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and 5 years of supervisory experience; experience in plastics is a plus; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience in blown film extrusion preferred.
Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, write reports and business correspondence.
Must have the ability to calculate amounts such as proportions, percentages, fractions, area and volume and be able to apply concepts of basic mathematics and measurements including gauge, length, and weight.
This associate must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and be able to make decisions in accordance with established procedures and policies. Also the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer literate with proficiency utilizing software products such as: MS Word, Excel, Internet browsers, Email applications and working within databases.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently is required to stand, walk, climb/descend steps; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; to talk and hear. The associate is often required to kneel, reach, push, pull, and bend; lift up to 75 lbs. and to utilize hoists.
Specific vision abilities required to this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Safety glasses are required. Safety gloves are required when handling hot plastic.