Genasys Inc. seeks a full-time Mechanical Engineer to join our team. You have advanced knowledge of mechanical engineering with 5+ years' experience in the field. You have led or participated in design teams through full product development and production. You thrive in a dynamic environment and enjoy coordinating project efforts with junior team members, other departments and management.
- Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals and other data for new designs
- Participate in cross-functional teams during new product development
- Evaluate engineering data and test results to assess if product meets specifications
- Create and maintain complex 3D assemblies using SolidWorks PDM
- Revise BOMs and configurations through ECOs using Agile PLM
- Document a variety of parts, including complex electromechanical assemblies
- Isolate root cause and resolve mechanical issues in existing products
- Provide hands-on approach to testing, including proof-of-concept, design validation and regulatory agency approval
- Provide clear, regular communication on project status to management
- Exhibit leadership and mentorship
- Utilize DFM to optimize components and subsystems
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical design experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master's preferred
- Expert knowledge of SolidWorks (or similar), FMEA and tolerance analysis
- Knowledge of mechanical properties of engineering materials, including metals, plastics, composites and adhesives
- Knowledge of Configuration Management and Change Control processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes: CNC milling, turning, injection molding, vacuum forming, etc.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary or sedentary position for long periods of time and move about the building
- Willing to travel on occasion
Genasys Inc. is the innovator and manufacturer of the Long Range Acoustic Device ( LRAD) product line. LRAD adds new dimensions to voice broadcast and mass notification systems, which include audible voice broadcasts with industry-leading vocal clarity and intelligibility, 30 - focused voice and alert tone broadcasts from close range out to 5,500 meters, and 60 - 360 voice and siren coverage out to 12km2. LRAD systems are used to safely hail and warn, notify and direct, prevent misunderstandings, determine intent, establish large safety zones, resolve uncertain situations, and save lives.
LRAD systems are in service in 72 countries and in more than 450 U.S. cities in a range of diverse applications, including public safety, emergency warning, mass notification, critical event management, defense, law enforcement, homeland security and many more. For more information, visit genasys.com/lrad/.
Genasys Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Veterans Employer and is committed to workforce diversity.
This job description is subject to change by management at any time.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.