- Tucker, GA, USA
- Full Time
Provides technical support for the transmission planning activities of the Corporation by performing transmission planning studies and evaluating electrical alternatives to support transmission system reliability. Supports Corporate regulatory compliance for transmission planning and related functions.
Education: B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering; Mechanical Engineering with some electrical background will also be considered.
E-II: Eighteen (18) months with an electric utility or related field
E-III: Three (3) years in Power Systems with at least two (2) years in Transmission Planning
E-II: Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or
B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology with two and a half (2.5) years of experience in the electric utility industry in an engineering role; or
B.S. Degree in a related engineering field with a Professional Engineer license (Electrical Discipline) and one (1) year of experience in the electric utility industry in an engineering role
E-III: E-II qualifications plus two (2) additional years of experience in listed areas; or
Eleven (11) years with an emphasis in Power Systems with at least three (3) years in Transmission Planning
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: EIT, P.E., & PMP are applicable but not required
Essential Skillsets Include:
1. Computer Skills (MS Office, power flow analysis software)
2. Computer Programming (creating/debugging code, application development, etc.)
3. Financial & Economic Analysis Capabilities
4. Good interpersonal & analytical skills, and effective oral & written communication skills
5. Ability to manage multiple projects and/or study efforts simultaneously
6. Critical thinking and problem-solving
Must be able to pass a NERC CIP personnel risk assessment screening.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!