- San Diego, CA, USA
- 109000-123000 per year
- Full Time
Global Air Logistics and Training, Inc. (GALT Aerospace) is a non-traditional defense contractor whose vision is a rapid innovator solving the world's critical security challenges to enable warriors to win...decisively. GALT Aerospace subscribes to Col John Boyd's tenet "Wars are won by people, ideas and equipment, IN THAT ORDER." Warriors need tools (equipment) that are flexible. GALT Aerospace will always satisfy the warrior with such tools.
Founded in 2015, GALT Aerospace provides simple, effective information capabilities to support all levels of war and to drive information to the lowest levels possible, enabling faster decision cycles and decisive results. GALT Aerospace uniquely focuses on architecture solutions, effective open systems integration and rapid prototyping, fielding and operations.
San Diego, CA, Onsite [with possible occasional/part-time telecommuting]. Minimal domestic travel required, possibly 10% of time.
GALT Aerospace is looking for a Software Test Engineer to provide support for podded communication and network systems. As a Software Tester, you will help develop and manage test procedures, plans and conduct system testing and requirements verification. You will work closely with the software team and lead while also working tightly with the test and integration team. Day to day activities will include participation in the daily software Agile process, coordination with SIL efforts, and occasional field support.
- Participation in the software sprint activities
- Test support in the SIL
- Help develop an integrated testing plan to identify testers and document testing of the target state architecture for unit testing, SIT, and UAT
- Develop, review and revise test scripts, update and baseline test plan with case priority and order, execute test cases, and perform regression testing
- Review scenarios for SIT/UAT and validate completeness against requirements and the target state environment to ensure all business processes and integrations are tested
- Execute SIT cycles, monitor SIT, compile SIT Issues Log in Jira or other preferred tool for communication to PMs and leadership throughout the process
- Conduct UAT tester training and communications, and support UAT testers throughout execution of script
- Oversee UAT execution, compile UAT Issues Log in Jira or other preferred tool for communication
- Work with test engineers and software developers in performing system level test activities (test planning, test scenario development, test execution and test reporting)
- Build and execute acceptance, regression, and end-to-end scenarios
- Become a functional product expert acting across the entire system
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans
- Collaborate with team members to design, plan, write, maintain, and run automated tests
- Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate, documenting accordingly.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education
- 2+ years' experience with testing software, operations work, or other technical skillset
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) personnel security clearance required
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Ability to drive projects forward with limited oversight and good sense of ownership
- Experience with system/integration/user acceptance testing
- Experience with testing plans, documentation, process, and testing execution on multiple development deliverables
- Preferred experience with Linux.
- Demonstrate knowledge in using various testing methodologies Agile and Scrum and logging results using solutions such as JIRA and or Confluence
- Secret Clearance preferred
- Experience in networks and various DoD data links (e.g., CDL, L-16, TTNT, etc.)
- Live field testing, experience with military communication systems highly desired
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong critical and analytical thinking
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
- Must be able to carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to sit or stand for 8 hours at a time
- Climb/descend, work atop, and traverse certain machinery
At GALT Aerospace, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as one grows and develops within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $109,000-$123,000, and a specific candidate's base pay will depend on their skills, qualifications, experience, and location.