- 25-Jun-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- Fort Valley, GA, USA
- Full Time
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Executive Director of Marketing and Communications for the University.
The Executive Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the overall communications, research-based messaging, marketing, and branding activities for the University. The Executive Director serves as both a strategist and catalyst for the university initiatives and reports to the Vice President of University Advancement. The Executive Director promotes the University by increasing its visibility in support of the institution's mission, vision, and goals. The Executive Director leads the development and implementation of the University's brand vision, strategy, and public relations campaigns to attract the best students, motivate alumni and donors, and recruit high quality faculty and staff. In addition to leading the University's team of marketing and communications professionals, the Executive Director is responsible for developing correspondence to internal and external audiences on behalf of the Office of the President as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Craft big picture strategies and lead school wide marketing campaigns.
- Develop and implement marketing plans that advance the university short and long-term plans.
- Work with subject matter experts to distill key benefits into marketing messages.
- Develop and execute on multi-channel market strategies and campaigns including email, retargeting, search and social to drive qualified leads.
- Translate broader brand visions into highly effective and efficient consumer experience strategies, goals, and operating plans.
- Proactively evaluate, develop, test, and nurture new consumer experience capabilities that support a transformative agenda.
- Review market data and volume potential and target consumer populations. Develop sales pitch based off proposed targets.
- Discover new opportunities for product growth through analysis of market trends.
- Analyze, forecast, and control expenditures for marketing to meet budgetary requirements and customer expectations.
Media and Design
- Design digital initiatives and web assets. Set priorities and monitor progress.
- Champion innovation and change while advancing a data-driven, insight led, digital culture of continuous optimization and growth throughout the program and across departments.
- Represent the university as a content manager on messaging to external audiences.
- Focus on the generation of programmatic interest.
- Use cutting edge digital and social media marketing and communication techniques to engage new and current audiences.
- Design social media graphics, email marketing, and some marketing collateral.
- Execute programmatic initiatives that resonate with relevant audiences and establish the University as a leader in higher education.
- Understand dynamic programming needs and develop marketing and recruitment plans to support the Institution's business objectives.
- Initiate collaboration with colleagues to exchange and share knowledge, best practices and opportunities for marketing improvement.
- Clearly communicate initiatives to attract talented students from diverse pools. This includes, but is not limited to, assistance with marketing e-mails, print pieces, program booklets, postcards, handouts, web presence and digital campaigns.
- Maintain a pulse on competitor activity and industry trends and standards.
- May perform additional or other work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methodologies of communications, public/media relations and speech writing.
- Strong ability to write speeches and/or articles of interest to a wide variety of publics for consumption by local and national as well as international print and electronic media.
- Expertise in making presentations and negotiating with the media.
- Ability to think critically and secure information needed to develop communications materials for the Office of the President.
- Knowledge of computer technology including word processing, spreadsheet, database, display software and other user-friendly software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including expertise in writing and editing an assortment of communications materials.
- Ability to oversee and produce concepts, art direction, storyboards, layout, and design for digital advertising/marketing efforts that include University websites, email communications, video, and social media.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Three years of marketing and communications experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Master's degree in a Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Five years or more of marketing and communications experience.
- Three years or more of supervisory experience.
Application packet must include:
- A letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- At least five references with full contact information including email addresses. (References will not be contacted without consent from applicant); and
- Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!