- 15-Jul-2020 to Until Filled (CST)
- Decorah, IA, USA
- Experience Based
- Full Time
Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance, 401K + match, mileage, vacation, Personal, and Sick Time Off.
FULL CIRCLE SERVICES INC.
Reports To: Program Manager
The Community Assistant (CA) is either a full-time or a part-time position and is an active member of a team providing services to individuals with disabilities who reside in the community. Full Circle Services, Inc strives to create a fun and enjoyable atmosphere in order to encourage client participation in programs. Full Circle Services, Inc ensures the well-being of Consumers and promotes their development to a more independent life style.
- High school diploma or GED or enrolled in a High School and over age 16
- Ability to maintain yearly trainings. (i.e. Mandatory Reporter, HIPPA, OSHA, etc.)
- No experience needed
- Preferred experience working with persons with disabilities and/or diverse cultures.
NOTE: The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by Community Assistants. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Provides direct services to Consumers. This includes working a variety of hours (i.e., nights, weekends, holidays, etc). Aids Consumers in their own homes/program and in the community to allow them to function more safely and independently. Provides Consumers with a positive role model.
- Monitors Consumers' well-being. Assists Consumers with daily life skills and/or behavior management training. Assists Consumers with their individualized goals as set forth on their Consumer Program Plan. Assists Consumers in attending appointments when necessary and may provide transportation.
- Implement Consumer Program Plans consistently and according to strategies
- Implement and document HCBS 20 Outcomes each shift of work.
- Maintain accurate documentation and billing records and/or verbal reports regarding Consumers' daily activities and progress. Ensures that all required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Participate in the consumer's interdisciplinary team meeting.
- Recognizes potential emergency situations, analyzes situations accurately, and develops strategies to deal with such situations i.e. dispensing medication, dealing with client's aggressive behavior to ensure no harm comes to the client, staff and/or the public.
- Follow work schedule each day 100% of time with changes occurring only with supervisory approval
- Follow work rules and work ethics
- Report consumer problems and complaints in a timely manner outlined by your supervisor and company policies.
- Communicate effectively with consumers, family members, guardian(s), co-workers, and supervisor.
- Maintain positive relationships with other agencies.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, releasing information to only persons with FCS INC. has acquired releases for.
- Answer phone and/or in-person inquiries and directs inquires to appropriate staff member if required. Responds to routine queries with regard to the organization and services provided if assigned.
- Be cognizant of consumer's preferences, interests, needs, dreams, and strengths and insure that consumer rights are protected.
- Complete Incident Reports within 24 hours of Incident and immediately contact supervisor or on-call person
- Attend monthly staff meetings/trainings or initiate communication with supervisor for follow-up Attend agency in-service training
- Dispense and maintain consumer medications as FCS INC. Policy/Procedure states
- Submit timesheets and documentation sheets to supervisor on time
- Submit proof of automobile insurance to supervisor when renewed
- Provide personal care to consumers as required in the CPP (e.g. toileting, bathing, transferring)
- Follow all safety procedures and attend safety trainings as assigned
- Indentify, correct (if applicable), and report any safety concerns and crisis situations to appropriate personnel.
- Be proactive in diffusing situations by recognizing potential crisis situations, analyzes such situations accurately, develops strategies to deal with such situations, and informs the Supervisor and Manager when such incidents arise.
- Operates office equipment such as: personal computers, photocopiers, facsimile machines, printers and reports or arranges for equipment repairs.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Work in a fast pace environment
- Have a valid driver's license, vehicle, and automobile insurance. It is the responsibility of the Worker to ensure that all requirements are met to provide safe transportation i.e. proper driver's license, brake check.
- Have a phone
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Understanding of the concept of enabling
- Ability to have flexible weekly schedule, work overnights and sleep on a couch/cot
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Because the work schedule may vary from day to day and week to week, the Community Assistant must be flexible and willing to work with the support team in meeting the needs of the consumer.
In addition, the individuals must be reliable, dependable, and enthusiastic about performing a job to the best of their ability. They must give attention to their personal appearance and reflect a positive image in the community, and they must work diligently toward total community inclusion.
- Provide support services in a way that relies on mutual respect between consumers and support staff.
- Organize work, be good at solving problems, be a sound decision-maker, display good communication skills, and give careful attention to details.
- Cooperate with team members to accomplish team and organizational goals, and be able to adjust to, and manage change.
- Demonstrate a dedication to consumer empowerment by providing decision-making opportunities in all aspects of daily living.