- 15-Jun-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- MCL - Chester
- Chester, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Vacation, Sick Time, Insurance (after 90-days), Holiday Pay
Fox Trail Memory Care Living (MCL), New Jersey's largest provider of residential Alzheimer's & Dementia care, was founded on the belief that every person deserves a life of rich engagement, meaningful experiences, and dignity regardless of age or cognitive state. Our premier programing allows each person to find relevance and meaning in their daily lives. We pride ourselves on the fact that our level of care is second to none. We have an unparalleled care partner to resident ratio, with a maximum capacity of only 16 residents per home. We contribute to quality of life through socialization, companionship, and purposeful activity. We are also growing at an extremely fast rate, creating exciting and rewarding career opportunities within. We are looking for the next generation of leaders to help take Fox Trail MCL to the next level!
The Activities Assistant role brings joy, meaning, and fun to our community. An Activities Coordinator seeks out special and individualized opportunities to add to an Elders' day. At the core of your role is ensuring that everyone who lives in and visits our community is filled with happiness. You will help battle the three plagues that effect seniors; boredom, loneliness and helplessness. Filling daily life with meaning will be important as you learn the interests of the Elders and their care partners
As a member of our team, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with meeting the expectations in the Events and Social Guide.
- Help create the environment for each event that designates it separate from another activity. Set the mood.
- Create opportunities for positive spontaneous occurrences to occur.
To ensure that we have the right person with the right knowledge to fulfill this role, the following is required:
- High school graduate or GED.
- An internal drive to achieve something each day.
- A belief that those who live in our community deserve more than BINGO, they deserve experiences and entertainment of the same level you would expect.
- Being responsive to the needs of those who live, visit, and work in our community.
- A willingness to spend time "setting the mood" for all events and activities. All decorations should be consistent with the theme and respect for the dignity of adults.
- Hospitality skills to enable all to feel welcome and at home.
- Being a good steward of our environment and resources, making the community a place we can all be proud of and ensuring we have the resources we need.
- Must have a CHHA/CNA license.
Physical Demands of this role include:
The ability to move freely about, lift or push up to 25 lbs., stoop, kneel, and reach. You must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in an understandable manner. You must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of position can be fully met. You may experience possible exposure to conditions normally expected of Eldercare areas, such as unpleasant sights, odors, and difficult interpersonal situations. There is a potential for injury and exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and communicable diseases. There are stresses associated with working in a long- term care environment. Examples of these stresses include, but are not limited to, shift rotation, weekend and holiday duty, unusual or impaired behavior by Elders, family reactions to having a loved one in the home, death and dying, oversight of State surveyors, Ombudsmen and Federal officials, presence of consultants and Attorneys, and variable involvement of medical staff.