- Pleasant Prairie, WI, USA
- Full Time
FNA Group Generous Benefits Package Includes: Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / 401(k) with Company Match (full-time eligible employees) / Paid Holidays / Paid Time Off
Supply Chain: Buyer
FNA Group is looking for a Buyer with a continuous improvement mentality to help implement process improvement and reduce costs in the Supply Chain process. We are a leading and growing manufacturer of power washers and power washer accessories!
The Buyer implements purchasing activities in compliance with mandated requirements; overseeing daily activities; responding to a range of inquiries regarding processes or bid status; and achieving department objectives and goals within budget.
- Procure goods and services, including MRO, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, etc.
- Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Evaluate vendors for the purpose of determining their capability for performing to established specifications.
- Determine method of procurement, quantity, price, timeframe and extent of purchase.
- Generate Request for Quotations with suppliers and prospective suppliers as required.
- Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintain item costs, lead times and purchase from vendors in ERP system.
- Advise suppliers of Non-Conformances while also requesting Corrective Actions within an acceptable timeline while keeping the Quality & Manufacturing teams in the communication loop.
- Close out Non-Conformance Reports on a timely basis as well as advising Accounting department of debits based on NCR's.
- Weekly reviewing of MRP planned orders and action messages and taking appropriate action, which will include timely release of planned purchase orders, expediting, pushing back and/or cancelling of current purchase orders.
- Administer the bidding process for vendors within established limits (i.e., prepare specifications, evaluate bids, recommend vendors, conduct bid meetings, etc.) for the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Compile data from a wide variety of sources such as vendors, staff, etc., to analyze issues, ensure compliance with a wide variety of purchasing policies and procedures and/or monitoring purchasing processes.
- Issue purchase orders as needed for completing the purchasing process in accordance with established procedures with correct purchasing cost and required dates.
- Oversee requirement processes (i.e., orders, work orders and requisitions for supplies, equipment, bids for potential commodities, supplies equipment and services, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring necessary resources.
- 2+ years buying experience in a manufacturing environment.
- MRP/MPS experience.
- Experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment strong ability to multitask complex projects efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate purchasing costs of materials and services.
- Experience procuring raw materials, component parts and services.
Diploma required, college degree preferred.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!