- Herndon, VA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/STD/LTD 100% paid by company, generous PTO, bonus program
The Sales Representative will be responsible for driving net new sales revenues in the Public Sector market for Fierce SoftwareTM. This person will work primarily with Fierce SoftwareTM counterparts, supporting the existing and future business lines. This person will report directly to the Director of Sales and will need to be skilled at working both horizontally and vertically across the Fierce SoftwareTM sales organization and alongside assigned vendors.
- Work within the existing customer base to find new opportunities within the assigned territory in the public sector and generate additional revenue for the team
- High level of outbound activity
- Other related duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (Business/Marketing preferred) and a minimum of 3 years of successful inside sales experience
- Prior experience within the technology and/or government marketplace.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to motivate self to create value through calls and proactive activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Knowledge and ability to use various software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point, and Outlook, at proficient levels
- Strong customer service skills. Ability to interact in a positive manner internally and externally
- Ability to complete multiple tasks within critical deadlines
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to understand verbal/written instructions
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee will have prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Fierce provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Employment with Fierce is at-will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by you or Fierce, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and that Fierce may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.