- 17-Dec-2020 to 15-Feb-2021 (EST)
- Willoughby, OH, USA
- Part Time
Wellness Plan, holidays, 401k, clothing allowance
Teller Part-Time (Willoughby branch)
We're hiring a part-time Teller to join our growing team!
Who You Are
Our ideal candidate will represent the credit union in a professional manner when greeting members and the general public on the phone and in person, insuring that they are directed to someone who can provide them with assistance. You'll also assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments. Good credit is important to us!
- Receives and processes member financial transactions (at least 15% of teller transactions per month), including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders and traveler's checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed; maintain member records.
- Balances cash drawer and daily transactions at least 90% to 95% of the time, being no more than $30 off and with total offages not to exceed $500 in a 12 month period; have no more than three posting errors per review.
- Welcomes members and visitors and provides routine information concerning services or directs them to appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Reviews all incoming faxes, emails and messages and forwards or distributes them to the appropriate person or department. Answers phone and directs callers to the appropriate person.
- Cross-sells credit union services.
- Maintains lobby appearance and follows opening and closing procedures.
- Supports overflow needs both within and outside the department, as time allows.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Two years of similar or related experience.
- High education or GED.
- Able to operate a computer keyboard.
- Possess basic computer knowledge.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to operate 10-key calculator and computer keyboard by touch; be good with detail to deal with numbers and names.
- Possess basic computer knowledge and ability to adapt to changes.
- Multi-line phone system operations.
- Working knowledge of regulations relating to the Credit Union.
- Physical requirements include moving frequently and regularly using wrists, hands, and or fingers; speaking clearly, hearing and understanding; visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents; should be able to exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.