- New York, NY, USA
- 170000-215000 per year
- Full Time
FedCap is currently hiring for a full-time Human Services Lead Attorney - General Counsel to provide legal counsel and services for our nonprofit in New York, NY. This lawyer position earns a competitive wage.
In addition to competitive salary of $170,000 to $215,000 per year and our excellent culture, we offer our Human Services Lead Attorney - General Counsel generous benefits.
So, now that you've learned the who, what, where, and why, you may be wondering HOW? It's easy! Just fill out our initial mobile-friendly online application. We hope to meet you soon!
This full-time lawyer position typically works during normal business hours with some non-traditional hours, depending on operational needs and event schedules. Travel may be required as needed to support the objectives of our business unit.
As a Human Services Lead Attorney - General Counsel, you are responsible for partnering with other company group leaders to uphold the legal, regulatory, and ethical obligations of our nonprofit. You provide legal counsel and services to a variety of people, including the CEO, board of directors, and various business leaders in our organization as well as ensure compliance is maintained by all employees. When managing legal matters, such as activities to be performed in-house or through third-party vendors, you develop functional plans and efficiently partner with businesses to minimize risk.
In addition, you advise on the legal aspects of our organization's activities and corporate structure considerations, including current and future business structures and legal entities. Corporate matters you assist with may include organization, board affairs, general transaction support, license agreements, employment law, regulatory matters, risk management, financing activities, and general contract management. You also structure key business initiatives that help achieve objectives while also protecting legal, regulatory, and tax directives.
As a lawyer in human services, your duties include addressing the rapidly evolving regulatory and governance compliance environment, including changes in laws or regulations, regulatory focus areas, and industry best practices. You provide expert leadership and technical guidance to ensure an effective global ethics and compliance program. Additionally, you oversee program development to prevent and detect violations of laws, company policies, and other misconduct.
You make sure to always promote ethical practices by implementing a compliance program throughout our nonprofit. At times, you function as an ambassador and liaison for our company by communicating with external parties. You also contribute greatly to our success by accepting new assignments, helping team members, learning new skills, and striving to improve team results. Your experience as a lawyer positively impacts our nonprofit in a big way, and it brings you great satisfaction to know you excel in this position!
Founded in 1935, the Fedcap Group is the parent company of a growing number of top-tier nonprofit agencies dedicated to serving over 300,000 children and adults each year across the United States and the United Kingdom. For over 85 years, we've developed scalable, innovative, and potentially disruptive solutions to some of society's most pressing needs. We provide educational services, vocational training in high-growth labor industries, behavioral health services, and skill-building programs to every age group, all of which are meant to help people achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
We are committed to improving the economic and social well-being of the impoverished and disadvantaged. Our services are only as effective as the quality of the people who make up our team. To achieve our mission, we strive to attract and retain talented and committed staff who believe in our cause. This is why we provide competitive compensation, great benefits, and plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
OUR IDEAL HUMAN SERVICES LEAD ATTORNEY - GENERAL COUNSEL
- Professional - has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient - able to function well in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
- Discrete - can maintain the highest level of confidentiality, integrity, and ethics
- Analytical - able to comprehend, interpret, and provide guidance for the appropriate sections of applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances
- Decisive - can make decisions and resolve issues within the scope of responsibilities
If this sounds like you, keep reading about this lawyer position!
REQUIREMENTS FOR A HUMAN SERVICES LEAD ATTORNEY - GENERAL COUNSEL
- Juris doctorate from an accredited law school
- Active license to practice law or membership with the NY State Bar
- 18+ years of legal experience, preferably with some nonprofit business experience
- Experience working with external auditors, creating or revising internal controls, and resolving compliance-related issues
- Experience collaborating with and managing external counsel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and other finance or fundraising tracking software
- Ability to spend prolonged periods of time sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to be patient and sensitive toward individuals with disabilities
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
International experience in Canada, the EU, or the UK would be a plus but multiple factors will be taken into consideration. If you meet the above requirements, we need you. Apply today to join our lawyer team as a Human Services Lead Attorney - General Counsel!