- Elmira, NY, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
Motor Components, LLC is a global leader in the electronic fuel pump industry located in Elmira Heights, N.Y. We are currently seeking a MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. As a Maintenance Technician, the primary duties of the position will be to: engage in repairing and maintaining all facets of the manufacturing and maintenance operations, including all equipment, machines, devices and hardware. Inclusive are those aspects of repairing and maintaining the facilities along with performing a variety of duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical wiring, fixtures, machinery and equipment. This position is covered under the International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America, Local 604.
Specifics to the Maintenance Technician position:
- Experience: 5-10 years
- Maintenance/Mechanical/Electrical Journeyman is a plus
- Contract (temporary) to direct opportunity
- First Shift (possible Second Shift, if business dictates); Monday-Friday (overtime as necessary)
Primary Responsibilities Mechanical:
- Ensures successful operation of all machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on machines such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions and initiate corrective action which may involve multiple interrelated tolerance adjustments, and/or repair or replacement of component parts.
- Sets-up, installs, repairs, and/or rebuilds machine tools, attachments, handling and metal fabrication machines (including but not limited to shears, brakes, mills, drills, lathes, etc.); movement of machinery and equipment using joists, dollies, rollers, hand and power tools.
- Maintains facility buildings and grounds; including parking lots, roads, sidewalks for snow removal/treatment through use of plow and front-end loader during winter months; lawn mower/trimming devices to maintain grass and flower beds during summer months.
- May perform pipefitting, plumbing and other related tasks to repair and/or maintain the facilities, including those associated with Environmental assignments.
Primary Responsibilities Electrical:
- Ability to diagnose electrical problems with machines and/or devices and repair accordingly; wire, tear-down and re-wire electrical motors and electrical panels of various machines within facility; ability to safely check power loads on lines.
- Installs, repairs and maintains generators, transformers, armatures, motors, air compressors, high power cables, conduits, lights and power wiring for the facility including offices; possesses the ability to safely work with power up to and including 480V, single/multi-phase to applicable building codes.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains all computer infrastructure related items (wiring, cabling, switches, routers, etc.).
Relevant Experience and Skills:
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and apply blueprints, wiring diagrams, specifications, standards, building codes; knowledge of SYSPRO to carry out the requirements of the Company's Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Ability to use PLASMA, MIG, TIG, ARC and/or GAS based systems.
- Ability to use electrician tools, safety devices and equipment such as: pliers, screwdrivers, devices, voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, etc.
- Ability to move arms in a horizontal and vertical motion and move from workstation to workstation.
- Ability to climb and work in high places with use of various lifting devices.
- Ability to physically lift up to 40 pounds (one person) and maximum of 80 pounds (two-person).
- Ability to be exposed to and handle oil, grease, water soluble compounds, plating solutions and chemicals, acids and flux in accordance to safety precautions as outlined within SDS regulations; maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities, be flexible and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Employee will be required to complete any other job-related instructions, duties and functions as directed by Supervision and/or General Manager, including clean-up of work areas and minor changeovers and set-ups.
Don't let this opportunity pass you by APPLY TODAY!
To learn more about Motor Components, LLC, visit our website at www.facet-purolator.com