- Elmira, NY, USA
- Full Time
401(k)/401(k) Matching, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off
Motor Components, LLC., located in Elmira Heights, NY, is a designer, manufacturer, and distributor of Low and High-pressure Fuel Pumps utilized in the OEM and Aftermarket for gasoline and diesel applications.
The Product Engineer is responsible for providing timely engineering solutions to management covering a wide variety of problems/opportunities, whether they be a customer or manufacturing-related. In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to perform these functions within a fast-paced, results-oriented organization that is ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 registered.
- BS/MS Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Physics - Masters Degree is a plus.
- 5-7 years experience in product design and product support.
- Proficient/understanding in the design and processing of Solenoid - DC Electro-Mechanical and DC Motor Driven Pumps a plus.
- Knowledge/experience related to other Solenoid-DC Operated Devises and/or DC Motor Driven Devices will be acceptable.
- Solid understanding of Fluid Mechanics/Dynamics.
- Knowledge in the application of various materials used in the design and construction of related fuel transfer products, i.e. Steel, Stainless Steel, Brass, Rubbers, Polymers, etc.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Solidworks, Lab View, and other design, test, and simulation-related software.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, ERP Software (BOM's), and other engineering-related software.
- Working knowledge of Lean and ISO.
- Possesses "Hands-On" as well as a theoretical approach to solving problems within a team atmosphere.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
Competitive Dependent on Qualifications.