- Elmira, NY, USA
- Full Time
401(k)/401(k) Matching, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off
***Immediate openings*** Do not let this opportunity pass you by APPLY TODAY!
Motor Components, LLC is a global leader in the electronic fuel pump industry, seeking entry-level
Mechanical Assemblers for the Elmira Heights, NY location. The Assembler position requires the
candidate to perform a variety of repetitive short-cycle timed tasks necessary to produce the finished
product. The operation may be of a mechanical, manual, bench, or conveyorized nature involving the
assembly, subassembly, and/or testing of fuel pumps.
Relevant Experience and Skills:
- Ability to read and understand basic engineering drawings, operation sheets, job safety analysis sheets, manufacturing instructions, and other literature pertaining to assembly/packaging areas.
- Ability to compute and record statistical and other numerical data utilizing basic knowledge of mathematics and using machines that automatically perform mathematical calculations.
- While standing or sitting, operate a variety of machines such as arbor presses, welding machines, coil winding machines, crimping machines, and pneumatic tools.
- While standing or sitting perform various hand assembly operations using hand or power-driven tools and special tooling which may be designed for the line such as pliers, solder iron, screw drives, hammers.
- Move objects manually, by use of conveyor or hand trucks.
- Check the quality of work visually, by feel, or with quality checking devices.
- Lift up to 40 pounds individually or up to 55 pounds as a two-person lift. Exert up to 50 pounds of horizontal force occasionally to move objects.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Job Type: (Full-time 40 hours/week plus overtime)
Assembler position is a temporary to a permanent position working full-time (40 hours/week plus overtime)
- 1st Shift: Monday Friday 7:00am-3:30pm with overtime as required
- 2nd Shift: Monday Friday 3:30pm-12midnight with overtime as required
(Candidate must be available to work both shifts when 2nd shift is activated)
- $15.00/hour as a temporary associate; when hired into the full-time regular Union position, hourly rate increases to $15.64/hour as per Union contract agreement.
- Monthly Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Profit Sharing
Passing pre-placement drug screen and physical exam required.
Company Website: https://www.facet-purolator.com
Motor Components, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.