- Madison, VA, USA
- Biweekly pay periods
- Part Time
Employee Discounts, Flexible Scheduling, Potential for Full-Time Opportunities
WHAT DOES MY NEXT CAREER AS A RETAIL ASSOCIATE(PART-TIME), LOOK LIKE AT EverGRO?
Your next career will be highlighted by taking the lead to:
- Help provide excellent customer service alongside our Madison Retail team; understanding the products, services and ways to help our customers with their needs
- Provide customers with friendly and efficient customer service during their entire experience while at the store
- Process check-out, exchange and return transactions by utilizing point of sale equipment
- Help assist maintaining the professional and clean appearance of the store showroom
- Would be cross-trained to help support the warehouse team when needed
- Working on average 20-30 hours per week; looking for someone with flexibility to work within the store hours listed below:
- The Madison Store Hours:
- Monday - Friday; 7:30am - 6:00pm EST
- Saturday; 7:30am - 4:00pm EST
- The Madison Store Hours:
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
As a member of our part-time team, you will be able to benefit from:
- Potential Full-Time opportunities
- Flexible Scheduling
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Leadership Training and Development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
You will be working for a company rooted in the cooperative world, with history dating back to 1933, operating in the divisions of Agronomy, Energy, Animal Health and Farm Supplies. EverGRO is built on the relationships we grow with our customers, without their support, business, and loyalty we would not be the successful Coop we are today!
EverGRO fosters an environment founded on the following values.
- Trust: we provide dependable & reliable services
- Quality Products: we offer a variety of reputable products
- Superior Customer Service: we strive to provide options & solutions to our customer's challenges
- Growth & Development: we value the talent within our team & encourage their growth both professionally and personally
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
This position will be tasked with the following key objectives:
- Proactively provide customer solutions to questions and challenges while experiencing a positive retail experience at our store
- Help promote and set-up for store events, display modules, special and more
- Monitor and maintain a welcoming and secure environment within the store
- Answer incoming calls and help customer in a professional and courteous manner
- Collaborate with other store team and warehouse team members on various responsibilities
- Stock and replenish merchandise, assist with inventory responsibilities
- Cross-train on warehouse responsibilities including assisting with propane filling, fork truck operations and material movement for customer delivery and pick-ups
- Work safely aligned with the cooperative's guidelines and regulations
Some positions will have the following work environment qualities.
- This position will work both within an indoor storeroom setting, but will also be responsible for working outdoors at times to assist with customer needs on deliveries, pick-ups, etc.
- Work schedule will vary throughout Monday-Saturday, and will include rotation between opening/closing and weekend shifts potentially
- For a detailed list of physical and other work requirements, please inquire with the HR team during the interview process
WHAT IS EverGRO LOOKING FOR?
No matter the position, EverGRO we will always be looking for candidates that are:
For this role, we are looking for talent that can bring to the table the following.
- No minimum education requirement or years of professional experience
- Prefer six (6) months of experience in a retail environment providing customer service and operating point of sale equipment
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and throughout the week during operating hours; Monday - Friday 7:30am - 6:00pm, Saturday 7:30am - 4:00pm
- Forklift Certification or the willingness and ability to obtain the certification through on-the-job training is preferred
- Able and willing to learn to be trained to fill propane tanks
- A passion and enthusiasm to work with our cooperative customers to help improve and overcome any challenges related to their needs
- The ability to focus and work safely when operating equipment and helping customers
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- A knack for relationship building and problem-solving
- A desire to learn, grow and work as a cross-functional team member with other divisions within EverGRO
EverGRO Farm Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion, or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, functions and skills required for this job. Functions and requirements may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.