- Orange, VA, USA
- Paid Biweekly; Incentives based on deliveries (biweekly), in addition to hourly base rate of pay; Overtime eligible (over 40hrs paid at time-and-a-half)
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, 401K Company Match, paid time offer, company paid holidays, voluntary and disability benefits, financial support for continued education/certifications, uniform services year-round, opportunities to advance
WHAT'S MY NEXT CAREER AS A CDL DRIVER - REFINED FUELS GOING TO LOOK LIKE?
- Our CDL Drivers will manager, load/unload and operate one our commercial motor vehicles tractor and trailer combinations to help transport various refined fuels, diesel, lubricants and heating oils to our local farmers, residences and businesses around our area locations
- Drivers may also be cross-trained to haul our products such as propane, bulk products fertilizers, crop protectants, farm supplies, animal feed, animal care/nutrition and much more.
- We will provide on-the-job training for newer CDL drivers and time and financial support to obtain various certifications and endorsements to help grow your career, such as a HazMat & Tanker Endorsement
- Our CDL Drivers are HOME EVERY NIGHT WITH ALL LOCAL ROUTES
- Our CDL Drivers can be based out of our Orange, Madison, Louisa or Charlottesville locations
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
As a member of our full-time team, you will be eligible for several benefits, including.
- All local routes; home every night
- Full-time position year-round - eligible for benefits including health, dental, vision, voluntary, 401k and more!
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Delivery Incentives based on gallons delivered; paid out biweekly
- Overtime during peak seasons (Fall/Winter) with opportunities to continue overtime hours throughout the Spring by being cross trained with other divisions
- All positions are paid hourly, overtime (paid at time-and-a-half) eligible working more than 40hrs in a work week, paid biweekly
- The Coop will provide the time, training and financial assistance for the CDL Driver to obtain their HazMat and Tanker Endorsement, as well as other certifications/endorsements and continuing education related to their career career development
- Company provided year-round uniform services
- Career Advancement
- Employee Discounts
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
This position will be tasked with the following key objectives:
- Operate company equipment safely, aligned with DOT regulation, company policies and other local/state traffic laws
- Safely load, unload and transport various load types, that could include refined fuel products and other energy-related products
- Be familiar and comfortable with operating various tractor and trailer combinations including bobtails, flat beds, forklifts, etc.
- Interact and communicate professionally with customer and business partners
- Perform pre- and post-trip vehicle safety inspections and maintain mileage and fuel logs
- Assist with preventative maintenance and minor repairs of the equipment
- Be adaptable to scheduling and customer needs as well as open to working across other divisions when/if needed throughout various seasons in the year
Some positions will have the following work environment qualities.
- This role will primarily be driving an company commercial motor vehicle or in a warehouse setting or working outdoors on customer/company deliveries, which would experience seasonal temperature and humidity elements
- For a detailed list of physical and other work requirements, please inquire with the HR team during the interview process
WHAT IS EverGRO LOOKING FOR?
No matter the position, we will always be looking for candidates that are:
For this role, we are looking for talent that can bring to the table the following.
- Class A or Class B CDL
- Obtained Air Brake Endorsement
- A high school diploma/GED equivalent
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, possibly weekends when needed
- Ability and willingness to work an on-call rotation, if/when needed
- Ability and willingness to work with and transport various refined fuels
- Ability and willingness to obtain a HazMat and Tanker Endorsement
- Able to operate a manual transmission
- Dedication to safety and compliance
- A passion and enthusiasm to work with our cooperative customers to help improve and overcome any challenges related to their needs
- A desire to learn, grow and work as a cross-functional team member with other divisions within EverGRO
- Preferably, at least six (6) months of Class A or Class B CDL experience
- Other Certifications/Licenses may be required or would be willing to train throughout career to obtain, if not already completed
- Preferably has obtained HazMat and Tanker Endorsement
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
You will be working for a company rooted in the cooperative world, with history dating back to 1933, operating in the divisions of Agronomy, Energy, Animal Health and Farm Supplies. EverGRO Cooperative is built on the relationships we grow with our customers, without their support, business, and loyalty we would not be the successful Coop we are today!
EverGRO fosters an environment founded on the following values.
- Trust: we provide dependable & reliable services
- Quality Products: we offer a variety of reputable products
- Superior Customer Service: we strive to provide options & solutions to our customer's challenges
- Growth & Development: we value the talent within our team & encourage their growth both professionally and personally
WHERE DO I BEGIN?
The first step is to complete our online application. We also encourage each applicant to attach a current resume. Your application will be reviewed by a member of our leadership team. If you look to be a good fit for the opportunity, you will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
EverGRO Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion, or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, functions and skills required for this job. Functions and requirements may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.