- Front Royal, VA, USA
- per hour Biweekly pay periods
- Part Time
Employee Discounts, Flexible Scheduling, Family-oriented atmosphere, Career Growth Opportunities - Potential for Full-Time
WHAT DOES MY NEXT CAREER AS A PART-TIME WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE, LOOK LIKE AT EverGRO COOPERATIVE?
Your next career will be highlighted by taking the lead to:
- Operate forklift to assist with loading, unloading and moving various materials in the warehouse; materials include farm supplies, animal feed, fertilizer, lawn and garden products, animal nutrition, and much more
- Warehouse associates will also assist with customer pick-ups and deliveries
- Fill propane tanks for customers
- Provide customers with friendly and efficient customer service during their entire experience while at the store
- Cross-train to learn how to process check-out, exchange and return transactions by utilizing point of sale equipment
- Help assist maintaining the professional and clean appearance of the store showroom
- This position may work 20-40+hrs per week depending on seasonal needs.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
As a member of our part-time team, you will be able to benefit from:
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Scheduling
- Uniforms Provided
- Full-Time opportunities in the future based on the Coops need
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for long-term career growth
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
This position will be tasked with the following key objectives:
- Collaborate with other store team and warehouse team members on various responsibilities
- Stock and replenish merchandise, assist with inventory responsibilities
- Cross-train on warehouse responsibilities including assisting with propane filling, fork truck operations and material movement for customer delivery and pick-ups
- Work safely aligned with the cooperative's guidelines and regulations
- Proactively provide customer solutions to questions and challenges while experiencing a positive retail experience at our store
- Help promote and set-up for store events, display modules, special and more
- Monitor and maintain a welcoming and secure environment within the store
- Answer incoming calls and help customer in a professional and courteous manner
Some positions will have the following work environment qualities.
- This position will work both within an indoor storeroom setting, but will also be responsible for working outdoors at times to assist with customer needs on deliveries, pick-ups, etc.
- Work schedule will vary throughout Monday-Saturday (Sunday hours for Front Royal location) and will include rotation between opening/closing and weekend shifts potentially
- For a detailed list of physical and other work requirements, please inquire with the HR team during the interview process
WHAT IS EverGRO LOOKING FOR?
No matter the position, EverGRO we will always be looking for candidates that are:
For this role, we are looking for talent that can bring to the table the following.
- No minimum education requirement or years of professional experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Prefer six (6) months of experience in a retail environment providing customer service and operating point of sale equipment
- Prefers a valid Driver's License
- A passion and enthusiasm to work with our cooperative customers to help improve and overcome any challenges related to their needs
- The ability to focus and work safely when operating equipment and helping customers
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- A knack for relationship building and problem-solving
- A desire to learn, grow and work as a cross-functional team member with other divisions within EverGRO
- Forklift Certification or the willingness and ability to obtain the certification through on-the-job training is preferred
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
You will be working for a company rooted in the cooperative world, with history dating back to 1933, operating in the divisions of Agronomy, Energy, Animal Health and Farm Supplies. EverGRO Cooperative is built on the relationships we grow with our customers, without their support, business, and loyalty we would not be the successful Coop we are today!
We foster an environment founded on the following values.
- Trust: we provide dependable & reliable services
- Quality Products: we offer a variety of reputable products
- Superior Customer Service: we strive to provide options & solutions to our customer's challenges
- Growth & Development: we value the talent within our team & encourage their growth both professionally and personally
WHERE DO I BEGIN?
The first step is to complete our online application. We also encourage each applicant to attach a current resume. Your application will be reviewed by a member of our leadership team. If you look to be a good fit for the opportunity, you will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
EverGRO Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion, or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, functions and skills required for this job. Functions and requirements may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.