Ethos is looking to hire a part time, experienced SIU Investigator in the Oakland, CA area.
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) Field Investigator collects recorded statements, accident scene investigations, online research and witness canvassing. This position also drafts reports, uploads documents, video, and audio files into the case management system from the information that was collected during the investigation.
- Conduct scene investigations, interviews, recorded statements
- Drafts thorough, detailed investigative reports.
- Uploads reports to our claims system.
- Track time and expenses within Ethos claims system.
- Recognizes compensability issues, misrepresentation, and understanding insurance coverage as it pertains to claims decisions.
Associates or degree, preferably in criminal justice or a related field; or a combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: (Must meet at least one criteria)
- Previous SIU experience with an insurance carrier or investigative firm
- Former military or law enforcement
- Two years' experience in property loss investigations (or adjusting) to include theft, fire, water, wind and vandalism losses.
- Insurance adjuster's license or Private Investigator License.
- Valid state-issued driver's license.
- May require Notary
- Possess strong computer and internet skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: (must possess all below items, or purchase and have access to items after being hired)
- Reliable vehicle
- Cellular telephone
- Laptop computer
- Internet connection
- Recording device for statements
* Pay commensurate with experience
Ethos Risk Services is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of religious creed, sex, national origin, race, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, color or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
California Agency License - PI187956