Ethos is looking to hire a part time, experienced SIU Investigator in the Los Angeles, CA area. Candidates with a Law Enforcement background are ideal.
Ethos Risk Services is a fast-growing company in one of the most unique and exciting spaces in the insurance industry. You will be a part of a company with the goal of building consideration with potential opportunities. Ethos is a great place for the next step in your career with plenty of advancement opportunities within.
The SIU Investigator is responsible for conducting file reviews and investigations into insurance claims. Developing action plans, photographing, and investigating scenes, witness canvassing, interviews and recorded statements are conducted in this role.
You should apply if:
- You have handled complex, thorough investigations as a criminal detective in law enforcement OR within the SIU department of a major insurance carrier.
- You have superb oral and written communication skills. This position is report heavy and will require advanced, detailed and grammatically correct written reports.
- You possess analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong attention to detail with commitment to accuracy and quality.
- You have excellent time management skills, with an ability to handle multiple cases while meeting deadlines.
- Your schedule is flexible to work varied hours and days, including weekends.
Associates or Bachelor's degree, preferably in criminal justice or a related field; or a combination of education and experience.
- Valid state-issued driver's license.
Required Equipment: (must possess all below items, or purchase and have access to items after being hired)
- Access to a reliable vehicle with insurance coverage.
- Cellular telephone.
- Laptop computer with Windows XP or later version operating system, or MAC notebook
- Internet connection
- Camera, or have cell phone in which takes photos
- Recording device for statements or cell phone which has recorder
Any offer of employment is contingent on passing a background check.
This position may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures while maintaining stationary positions; constant operation of a cell phone, videography equipment or camera; Constant ability to detect, identify, recognize and observe case subjects; constant communication via telephone and in person with clients, customers and co-workers; frequent operation of motorized vehicle during case investigations; occasional exposure to overtime or working more than 8 hours in a day; frequent overnight travel (30%)