- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vacation and Sick Days
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring high quality code with good unit tests and appropriate code coverage.
- Ensure that good patterns and best practices are used consistently throughout Ethos systems, document these patterns, and teach others.
- Peer review team members contributions to the systems.
- Implement strategies to avoid code replication across the applications.
- Adopt a security first approach to all software implementations/systems.
- Write integration tests and unit tests where appropriate.
- Ensure that appropriate logging is in place to monitor errors, usage, and performance issues.
- Participate in the design and development of new greenfield ASP.Net Core software projects.
- Perform maintenance and add new features on flagship ASP.NET web application.
- Actively participate in iterative migration of webforms to modern architecture.
- Create complex reports and ad-hoc queries on MS SQL Server databases.
- Design and implement web-based and mobile tools and processes to facilitate and expand core investigative services and data mining.
- Participate in design discussions, SDLC processes, and code reviews.
- Write documentation and test existing and new features.
- Gain a strong understanding of all facets of the business and supporting applications, and recommend technologies to increase coverage and efficiency.
- Maintain consumer web portals.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to research solutions independently
A degree in a science-related field is a plus but not necessary with commensurate experience.
The ideal candidate has a solid depth of knowledge in:
- ASP.NET MVC/WebAPI
- MS SQL Server, T-SQL, LINQ, Entity Framework, Reports
- Source code control
- Ability to write clean, clear, maintainable code
- Clear understanding and ability to implement SDLC best practices
- A growth mindset
- 2-3 years working with a modern JS framework/library such as React, Angular, Vue.js developing responsive web applications.
- 1-2 years working with C# and ASP.Net Core MVC in production.
- Good working knowledge of MS SQL Server, T-SQL, LINQ, Entity Framework.
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD tooling (Azure Devops), TFS and/or GIT.
Microsoft and security certifications are a plus. Candidate will be required to complete secure software development training annually that must include a final examination and certificate of successful completion.
This position works in an office environment where temperatures are constant. Frequent prolonged periods of a stationary position. Constant operation of a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine/printer. This position will be a telecommuting position with required periodic trips to the St. Petersburg, FL office.