- 03-Nov-2020 to 01-Dec-2021 (EST)
- Denton, TX, USA
- Full Time
ESAB is a world leader in the production of welding consumables and equipment. Our brand is synonymous with world-leading expertise in the following key areas: * Manual welding and cutting equipment * Welding consumables * Welding automation * Cutting systems Celebrating 110 years since its founding, ESAB now serves a global market. We are represented in almost every country by subsidiaries or agents providing sales and support. ESAB also has manufacturing plants across four continents. Manufacturers everywhere are looking for ways to improve productivity and reduce operating costs. One way to achieve this goal is to align with a welding and cutting partner that offers a complete line of innovative solutions that meet the current demands of industry. ESAB has led the way in research and development of better technologies and products for this industry since its founding. ESAB has many great minds working on ways to make our industry stronger and better able to meet the needs of the future. We are constantly striving to expand our product offerings from the best in traditional welding applications to large automated manufacturing facilities. ESAB continues to offer world-class technical support and educational opportunities to help our customers work smarter and better. We are dedicated to working with customers to help them be more productive, more profitable, and better able to compete.
Responsible for multiple areas of accounting, including inventory control, variance analysis, sales analysis, account reconciliation's, payroll backup and month-end closing. Prepare daily, monthly, and quarterly reports as needed. Position requires interaction with all levels of personnel across the organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Detailed knowledge of cost accounting and understanding of document flow into cost reports
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- General knowledge of personal computers and software (i.e. Excel, Access); ten key
- 1-2 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- SAP and JDE experience
- Prepares weekly and monthly inventory reconciliation's to ensure current and accurate balances
- Maintains/coordinates inventory cycle count system researches significant count variances
- Records cost variances to general ledger; investigates significant differences
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports on production spoilage and rework costs
- Prepares sales and costs of sales journal entries, flash reports and corporate statements
- Prepares reconciliation's for specified current asset accounts
- Prepares journal entries to support month-end close
- Prepares month-end corporate statements (inventory, variances, sales/cost of sales activity)
- Prepares monthly reporting package distributed to managers
- Performs audit on annual standard cost revision; tests new standard costs for accuracy
- Coordinates annual physical inventory, if necessary
- Assists Accounting Manager in annual review of cost accounting controls and audit reports
- Reviews significant transactions, determine and conduct research as needed
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to general office and manufacturing plant environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers and photocopiers, small products and parts. This is a full-time position, however, work outside normal business hours may occur.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. ESAB is committed to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.