- Lubbock, TX, USA
- Full Time
401k matching, Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance, and Profit Sharing
Facility Operator - Working with a tight-knit team to solve the everyday issues of producing high quality asphalt binder.
We are a great company with great pay and great benefits. Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions is a relationship-driven company that values each employee's willingness to learn and contribute to the team. We are family owned with locations throughout the U.S. and Mexico, but we pride ourselves on maintaining a small-company feel.
Our position is for a full-time Facility Operator at our Lubbock, TX, facility. The ideal operator would possess good organizational, time management, problem-solving, and housekeeping skills. We want people who look for opportunities to learn new skills and can contribute to making our facility an even better place to work.
Our facility operators produce neat and polymer modified asphalt oil for sale to paving and repair customers. The position works in the tank farm with other operators as a team to produce, process, ensure quality, and load/unload materials directly to our customers. Please do not apply if you are looking for an office-based job. We need people who enjoy being outside in a variety of weather conditions so that we as a team can better serve our customers.
Facility Operator Job Duties:
- Assist with testing products in the lab
- Input quality specifications and batch data into reports
- Sample product quality
- Load and unload trucks and railcars
- Conduct minor maintenance on equipment in the plant (pumps, racks, mixers)
- Attend and participate in daily production/quality/EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) meetings
- Utilize our proactive tools (safety checklist, etc.)
- Ensure good facility housekeeping
- Stay current on required training
- Wear the appropriate provided PPE (hard hat, face shield, long-sleeve shirt, H2S monitor, steel toe boots, safety glasses)
- Effectively communicate between fellow operators, management, our trucking company and customers to meet needs
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in Excel (preferred)
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to read and follow written instructions
- Basic math skills (e.g., add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Ability to learn computer skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds with assistance and perform jobs that involve lifting, bending, climbing tanks and other structures
- Valid driver's license
- Able to work days and hours as scheduled, Monday through Sunday
- Outdoor work in all seasons
Ergon offers a competitive benefits package: 401(k), Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance and Profit Sharing
Ergon is an EEO/AAP Employer.
Email your resume, No Walk-ins or Phone Calls will be accepted. Applicant will be contact for interviews.
Employment offer contingent upon pre-employment drug test, background check, and MVR.
Position to be filled: Operator / Facility Operator
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!