- Operations - Fabrication
- Livermore, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance • Company Matched 401k Plan • Vacation and Sick Time Off • Holiday Schedule
At Electrosonic we're on a mission. A mission to design, build and support innovative technology solutions that create experiences for people to live, work and play. We're looking for passionate, dedicated gamechangers to join our team and drive the future of Electrosonic. Think you have what it takes? Read on...
- Do you enjoy working on technically challenging projects?
- Do you enjoy solving complex problems?
- Are you a people person who loves to motivate and encourage your team members?
- Do you like being part of a team and working collaboratively?
If you have answered "yes" to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Electrosonic Inc.
With a position at Electrosonic Inc., you join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. Electrosonic is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people, who will challenge and inspire you every day. Do you want to be part of something exciting and unique? Then please join us!
We are looking for a Lead Fabrication Technician, located in our Livermore office who reports directly to the Regional Operations Manager.
In this role, you will lead a team performing Audio, Video and Control installation activities and/or system interconnect wiring to support the delivery of multiple units of a custom A/V system. This position performs assembly, testing, documentation management, and packaging. It is both a hands-on and a leadership position. The Production Lead will work alongside project manager to ensure that production stays on schedule and meets quality standards of the customer and Electrosonic.
- Lead and contribute to a team of A/V fabricators. Wire, test, commission, and document custom system fabrication based on the production plan.
- Ensure that project is completed in a timely, efficient manner and to the client's satisfaction.
- Maintain quality standards through regular quality control processes and documentation.
- Manage team's daily work plans to meet short-term and long-term production deadlines.
- Lead the fabrication team to continually improve workflow and processes.
- Work with the Project Manager and Project Engineer to effectively and accurately complete all fabrication activities per a defined schedule.
- Work with the Client, Project Manager, Production Lead, and other staff to identify potential conflicts in scope and schedule. Assist the Project Manager in adjusting schedules and identifying potential change directives.
- Prepare installation/project reports and other documents, as required. Ensure that all project paperwork (e.g. daily and weekly reports, timesheets, and expense reports) is completed correctly and submitted according to company and/or customer requirements.
- Perform other activities and duties as directed by the immediate manager.
- Follow Electrosonic health and safety policies and procedures
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Ability to read and edit (red-line) A/V/C technical specifications and system drawings.
- Ability to install and wire systems to Electrosonic's high standards.
- Ability to interface well with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to manage a production schedule.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to meet deadlines.
- Ability to test and commission Audio Visual system components.
- Strong troubleshooting and fault-finding skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Able to safely lift 50 pounds.
What qualifications are required?
- Three or more years professional hands-on installation and commissioning experience in the audio-visual industry.
- One or more years in a leadership roll in the audio-visual industry
- Experience with, and knowledge of, current products and trends in audio, video, control, or a related industry.
- Proficient with computers and standard office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
Travel and out of town stays will not be required for this position.
Electrosonic is an international audiovisual and technology services company that designs, builds, and supports innovative solutions creating lasting experiences where people live, work and play.
Founded in 1964, Electrosonic has been recognized for its superior and unsurpassed technology master planning and system integration. With unique global capability, we deliver highly complex world-class projects, conference room technology, and executive briefing centers across a multitude of sectors including financial services, professional business, entertainment - theme parks, museums and visitor centers, gaming and hospitality, technology and media, energy and utilities.
Electrosonic provides a comprehensive scope of technical and professional services with expertise in ICT and Network Infrastructure, Security, Surveillance and Access Control, Audio, Video and Control Systems, Acoustics.
Electrosonic is where imagination comes to life.