- 22-May-2023 to 21-Jun-2023 (EST)
- Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County
- Palm Springs, FL, USA
- Up to $22.21 - Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
This position is responsible for carrying out family engagement efforts for the Quality Supports department. The Family Engagement Specialist will assist to ensure community awareness, implement parenting education as well as support providers with family engagement strategies. A candidate who is bilingual and able to read, write and speak in English and Spanish or Creole proficiently is preferred.
HOURS: Monday - Thursday (8:00am - 5:30pm) with a 30-minute unpaid break. Friday (8:00am - 12:00pm)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a monthly calendar of activities.
- Plans and organizes appropriate Parent /Community meetings.
- Plan and implement parenting workshops and trainings.
- Participate in different outreach events across the Palm Beach County area.
- Provide a welcoming environment to our diverse population of families and guests.
- Ensure ELC library is open and available to parent and providers during scheduled hours of operation.
- Ensure ELC library material and facility are clean, well-maintained and are safe for the use of children.
- Know, understand, and communicate the Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach mission and vision.
- Maintain passion and commitment to the agency's work and to the clients served.
- Facilitate, build, and execute Social Media content.
- Serve as presenter or facilitator in different topics on our Social Media platforms, such as but not limited at Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and other platforms.
- Implement the department's family engagement strategies.
- Host outreach events, educational programs, presentations, and exhibits.
- Plan and implement Kaleidoscope Play and Learn groups across the county.
- Provide technical assistance to childcare providers supporting them with family engagement strategies.
- Prepare written and verbal reports to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year College or university in human services or related field, required.
- Experience in delivering training, educational or outreach events or similar.
- Experience in contributing to Social Media content.
- Minimum of one year of experience working on early care, community outreach or technical assistance.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak in English and Spanish or Creole is preferred.
- Candidate must have a secure homework location and ability to report to an office, complete mandatory in office trainings and attend meetings when required.
- This position requires high speed internet access that can be maintained daily, at least 25 Mbps (download) and 5 Mbps (upload) when working in a secure home location.
- Basic understanding of how to troubleshoot computer and internet issues.
- Must be Tech savvy overall, using cloud-based systems, IOS, Windows 8 and 10, with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Knowledge of general office procedures of basic operational tasks, including answering phones, using email, using computerized and online systems to perform daily work.
No Recruiters Please
Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County https://elcpalmbeach.applicantpro.com