Reporting to the Director of Creative & Marketing and serving as an integral member of the marketing and communications team, the Marketing Manager (Manager) will coordinate and develop marketing policies, programs, and campaigns. The Manager will implement a comprehensive communication and marketing strategy under the Director of Creative & Marketing direction that promotes, expands, enhances, and protects the organization's brand reputation and identity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager will coordinate and carry out the daily operations of all communication and marketing activities. The Manager will engage with all ELC staff members to better serve the communication and marketing needs of the organization.
- Implement an integrated, strategic, cross-platform marketing plan in alignment with ELC Communication priorities to advance ELC's brand identity, broaden awareness of its thought leadership, programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of its programs to key stakeholder audiences.
- Understand ELC's market, its current and future needs, and how best to reach those markets.
- Leverage ELC's CRM and other resources to segment and target messages for key markets.
- Development of all ELC marketing-related communications, including the annual report, membership e-newsletter, marketing materials, and website and social media platforms; manage relationships with associated vendors.
- Work with marketing and digital team members to create content for and integrate ELC's brand presence across all digital platforms, including ELC website, social media channels, video elements, etc.
- Coordinate timing of the communication of departmental initiatives.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize marketing opportunities; prepare briefs, internal messages, one-pagers/brand collateral, talking points, presentations, and other supporting material as needed.
- Execute marketing plans/campaigns to promote existing and future ELC events, initiatives, research, press publications, etc.; work collaboratively with the designated team leads and/or authors to position ELC and related deliverables as leaders in the respective space.
- Track and measure the success of all plans/campaigns, with the ability to course-correct and recommend alternative solutions as needed.
- Receive and process all logo, graphics, and other requests related to branding and marketing.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, or communications; an advanced degree is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing and communications with at least 2 years of experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, stakeholder e-mails, digital/social media content, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories. Membership association experience is a plus.
- Facility with typical marketing and measurement tools such as Google Analytics, Mail Chimp, and Survey Monkey
- Facility with Salesforce and a Salesforce CRM is a plus
- Demonstrate writing, editing, and content creation experience with a variety of print and online communications media. Online video production/editing capability is a plus.
- Ability to be creative and thoughtful about the use of new media technologies
- Capable of innovative thinking, with a proven track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Self-reliance and a results-oriented personality
- Ability to listen, understand, make decisions, and pivot when needed in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to implement processes and timelines to facilitate efficiencies in the workstream for current projects and in anticipation of future needs that will continue to position the department and organization for success
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with diverse stakeholders
- Passion and commitment for ELC's mission
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year
This position is primarily sedentary and is performed in an office setting. The physical demands of this position are limited to the ability to lift up to 30 lbs., bend, stoop, and carry articles used in program activities. Ability to travel within the United States as necessary to accomplish business objectives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.