- Idaho Falls, ID, USA
- 15.00 per hour full-time; Additional $350 Retention Payment each payday through August
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, Vision, Flex Account
Join our team as a Family Advocate at our Head Start East Location and embark on a rewarding journey to positively impact the lives of Head Start families! We are searching for an enthusiastic individual who will play a crucial role in promoting parent involvement programs that nurture the educational, social, and emotional development of families in our Head Start and Early Head Start Program. As a Family Advocate, you'll have the incredible opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of families while fostering a strong partnership between home and classroom settings.
Why is this position so exciting?
Engage with families: You'll have the privilege of scheduling, planning, and conducting home visits, working hand in hand with families to set goals and develop personalized Family Development Plans. Through regular communication channels like home visits, parent meetings, and newsletters, you'll provide invaluable education, information, and support to parents and children alike.
Make a difference: By connecting families with vital community services and resources, you'll ensure they have the necessary support to thrive. Moreover, you'll empower parents to become true advocates for their children, guiding them through important transitions such as the move from Head Start to elementary school.
Collaborate and grow: Prepare for an enriching experience as you participate in Head Start Parent meetings and training sessions, actively contributing to planning and implementation. Working closely with our dedicated teaching staff, you'll keep families informed about their child's progress in the classroom, fostering a robust partnership between the family and the program.
Support and development: We genuinely value our employees and invest in their growth. As a Family Advocate, you'll receive comprehensive training and development opportunities, including mandatory pre-service and all-staff training. We're committed to ensuring you have the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in your role.
Qualifications we're seeking:
- Education: Prefer a bachelor's degree in social work or Human Services. Alternatively, a Family Development Credential from an OHS Certified provider is acceptable. EICAP offers a Family Development Training program for those without a degree, covering training and certification expenses (must be completed within 18 months of hire).
- Previous experience: Highly valued experience includes family social services, crisis intervention, and providing self-help skills training. Prior experience with home visits is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for handling sensitive family issues. Good organization and record-keeping abilities are crucial.
- A Team Player: Collaboration is key. The ability to maintain positive and professional relationships with various stakeholders is essential.
- Tech Savvy: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and general computer literacy is necessary,
- A valid Idaho driver's license, current automobile insurance, and relevant certifications such as CPR and First Aid are required for this position.
The Family Advocate role is a full-time, hourly position. We offer a competitive benefits package, as well as ongoing professional development opportunities to help you grow in your role:
- 403B Retirement Plan, with employer match of 6%
- Dental Insurance, 100% Employer paid, for employee.
- Health Insurance, 100% Employer paid, for employee.
- EICAP pays 60% of dependent health and dental premiums.
- Group Life Insurance, 100% Employer Paid
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance (employee paid)
- Paid Time Off, including Sick Leave, Vacation, and Paid Holidays
- Starting wage is $15.00 per hour.
- Additional $350 Retention Payment, each payday, through August 2023
If you are passionate about supporting families and promoting their involvement in their children's education, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Join our dedicated team and help make a difference in the lives of Head Start families! We look forward to hearing from you!
Learn more about us at: https://www.eicap.org/
Background & Drug Screen Disclaimer: Must be able to pass an Intellicorp SSN Verification/Criminal History Search and Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Enhanced Background Check. We also conduct pre-employment drug testing. Any job offer will be based on the results of background check and drug testing.