- Idaho Falls, ID, USA
- 39520-40560 per year full-time; $350 Retention Payment each payday through August
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, Vision, Flex Account
Are you fueled by a deep passion for the well-being and nutrition of children? Do you possess experience in the health field and an unwavering commitment to making a difference in your community? We are on a quest to find a dedicated and knowledgeable individual to join our remarkable team as a Health and Nutrition Services Advisor for our Head Start/Early Head Start program.
We offer a positive and collaborative work environment dedicated to the well-being of children and families. As an employee of Eastern Idaho Community Action Partnership (EICAP) you will play a vital role in achieving our strategic goals and performance measures. Confidentiality, respect for diversity, and professionalism are core values that we uphold.
Responsibilities: As our Health and Nutrition Services Advisor, you will play a pivotal role in coordinating, monitoring, and ensuring compliance with health and nutrition services within our program. Get ready for an adventure as you take on these exciting responsibilities:
- Deadline Dynamo: You will be responsible for monitoring and meeting all 45 and 90-day deadlines within the Performance Standards, ensuring our health services stay on track.
- Collaboration Champion: Forge strong working relationships with Health Districts and other health service providers, working together to coordinate health screenings for all children in the program.
- Advisory Committee Management: You will form and work with the Health Services Advisory Committee (HSAC), ensuring its effectiveness and relevance to the program.
- Master of Accuracy: Utilizing appropriate system databases, you will maintain complete and up-to-date health and nutrition records through meticulous quality control measures.
- Resource Connector: Develop a comprehensive list of local health resources and support staff members in connecting parents to them. Additionally, assist staff members in linking families to an ongoing health care system.
- Training Maestro: Educate and train staff, volunteers, children, and parents on health-related issues and procedures. Your ability to adapt teaching methods for different audiences will be invaluable.
- Cost-effective Crusader: Strive to provide health services and screenings at a reduced cost to the program, including seeking in-kind contributions from providers.
- Reporting Expert: Provide requested information for reports and grants while coordinating program nutrition with cooks and a registered dietician to develop appropriate menus. Additionally, oversee the CACFP program and ensure compliance with all requirements.
Qualifications: To excel in this extraordinary role, you should meet the following requirements:
Bachelor's degree in health, nutrition, or a related field (required); 2 years of experience in health field (preferred); Managerial experience (a plus); Excellent oral and written communication skills; Working knowledge of community resources and health care providers in the Head Start communities.
Compensation: The Health & Nutrition Services Advisor is a full-time, salaried/exempt position. We offer a competitive benefits package, as well as ongoing professional development opportunities to help you grow in your role:
- Starting Wage - $39,520 to $40,560, DOE
- 403B Retirement Plan, with employer match of 6%
- Dental Insurance, 100% Employer paid, for employee.
- Health Insurance, 100% Employer paid, for employee.
- EICAP pays 60% of dependent health and dental premiums.
- Group Life Insurance, 100% Employer Paid
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance (employee paid)
- Paid Time Off, including Sick Leave, Vacation, and Paid Holidays
- $350 additional Retention Incentive Payment, each pay date through August 2023
Join our team and contribute to the health and well-being of children in our community. Apply now to become our Health and Nutrition Services Advisor!
EICAP is committed to the promise that every child, regardless of circumstances at birth, has the ability to reach their full potential. If you're passionate about working with young children, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Learn more about us at: https://www.eicap.org/
Background & Drug Screen Disclaimer: Must be able to pass an Intellicorp SSN Verification/Criminal History Search and Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Enhanced Background Check. We also conduct pre-employment drug testing. Any job offer will be based on the results of background check and drug testing.