- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, life
Environmental Enterprises, Inc. is a specialty environmental management and disposal company. We are dedicated to protecting the environment by providing quality environmental services, recycling options, and waste disposal at competitive rates through innovative technologies and superior technical support. We strongly support improving the quality of life for our employees and the community.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Class B CDL Driver / Lab Pack Technician. We are seeking individuals with strong work ethic and willingness to learn and take initiative. Full time benefits include: excellent health coverage, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 4o1(k), paid vacation & holidays.
The field chemist is responsible for preparing containers such as drums and pails for pick up, including identification of chemicals, lab packing hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals at customer locations. This is a hands on position, working in the field, it is NOT a laboratory position nor a driving-only position.
The ideal candidate will already have a Class B CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (non-inclusive):
This position is physical in nature and requires: walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 70 pounds), carrying, pushing/pulling, and twisting. This position involves working with and around chemicals & environmental contaminants. Work is performed in outdoor and indoor environments and workers are subject to heat and cold while donning required PPE. At times, the technician may be required to wear a full or half face respirator. Insurable driving record required.
DETAILS OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Sample, characterize, and prepare waste for shipment at customer locations, including identification of chemicals.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for shipment of waste in accordance with company procedures and EPA, DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Moving drums.
- Performs work in a safe manner.
- 24 Hour Hazwoper training required, company will provide if needed.
- Some overnight travel is necessary (~20%).
- Per diem pay when travel is required.
- Competitive pay.
- Company paid training and on the job training provided
Environmental Enterprises Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets