Environmental Enterprises, Inc. is a specialty environmental management and disposal company. We are dedicated to protecting the environment by providing quality environmental services, recycling options, and waste disposal at competitive rates through innovative technologies and superior technical support.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Laborer to work at our Marion, Virginia location. This is initially a PART time position without benefits, but offers flexible hours and some paid holidays.
The warehouse laborer will perform general warehouse duties to load, unload and move materials in a warehouse setting while operating a forklift and other equipment safely. Warehouse laborer must be conscientious and familiar with DOT regulations to ensure loads are properly secured, labeled, and free from leaks. Maintain clean and organized warehouse facility.
- Pick up loads in tote boxes or on pallets, using care to position loads on forks to ensure safe transportation. Position loads for storage in warehouse.
- Place or remove loads to/from truck bed and secure with straps and dunnage.
- Keep inventories and restock supplies for warehouse, vehicles, and equipment such as PPE, containers, and paperwork.
- Must be able to use and implement various computer programs, i.e.: Word, Excel, Access.
- Identify any problems with loads picked up and/or received such as Non DOT compliant drums, leaking drums, mislabeled drums, etc, also, responsible for weighing all drums and that they are DOT approved (weighing, profiles on drums & correct shipping labels) before shipping drums.
- Must be able to identity if the manifesting for shipments is incorrect and be able to research any Special shipping information to make sure all procedures are in place before Transportation is scheduled into Cincinnati.
- Service non CDL trucks and equipment to include fuel, oil, lubricants, cooling system, motor tune-up and charge batteries as applicable, based on forklift truck.
- Assist in other areas of operations such as operation, clerical, transportation and other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Work is performed in outdoor and indoor environments and workers are subject to heat and cold while donning required PPE.
- Valid drivers license and insurable driving record required to conduct company related errands such as supply and parts pickup.
- General knowledge of warehouse procedures and mechanical aptitude.
- Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds, push/pull to load drums weighing in excess of 500 lbs, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of times to store, retrieve, and deliver supplies.
Environmental Enterprises Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets