- Marion, VA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, life
Environmental Enterprises, Inc. is a specialty environmental management and disposal company. We are dedicated to protecting the environment by providing quality environmental services, recycling options, and waste disposal at competitive rates through innovative technologies and superior technical support. We strongly support improving the quality of life for our employees and the community.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Lab Pack Field Chemist for our Marion, Virginia location. We are seeking individuals with strong work ethic and willingness to learn and take initiative. Full time benefits include: excellent health coverage, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation & holidays.
The Lab Packfield chemist is responsible for preparing containers such as drums and pails for pick up, including identification of chemicals, lab packing hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals at customer locations. This is an entry level position, working in the field, it is NOT a laboratory position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (non-inclusive):
This position is physical in nature and requires: walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 70 pounds), carrying, pushing/pulling, and twisting. This position involves working with and around chemicals & environmental contaminants. Work is performed in outdoor and indoor environments and workers are subject to heat and cold while donning required PPE. At times, the technician may be required to wear a full or half face respirator. Insurable driving record required.
DETAILS OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Sample, characterize, and prepare waste for shipment at customer locations, including identification of chemicals.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for shipment of waste in accordance with company procedures and EPA, DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Willingness to obtain Class B CDL (commercial driver's license) with hazmat endorsement within the first year.
- Perform work in a safe manner, following all safety procedures.
- Provide customer service on project sites, representing the company in a manner which garners the confidence of the customer.
- Conduct visual segregation by hazard classification, and inventory at the generator site.
- Identify labpack quantity unknowns onsite and perform chemical compatibility checks.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for the shipment of waste materials.
- Utilize various computer programs including Word, Excel, Access.
- Assist in other areas of operations such as warehouse, clerical, transportation and other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Work is performed in outdoor and indoor environments and workers are subject to heat and cold while donning required PPE, including respirator.
- 40 Hour Hazwoper certificate preferred.
- Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds, push/pull to load drums weighing in excess of 500 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent, degree in chemistry or sciences preferred.
- 1 year applicable experience at EEI or related experience.
- Some overnight travel is necessary (~20%).
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor in fast paced and stressful situations, with both internal team members and customers.
Environmental Enterprises Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets