- 01-Nov-2022 to 01-Feb-2023 (EST)
- Full Time
Health, HSA, 401k, Life, LTD, PTO, Sick, Holiday, Local discounts
JOB SUMMARY / DESCRIPTION
- Designs or develops software systems using design and functional specifications, scientific analysis, good software development practices, and mathematical models.
- Writes, updates, and maintains computer applications and software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing/retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Develops or directs software system testing and validation procedures.
- Reviews and modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Directs software programming and development of corresponding documentation.
- Consults with customers or other departments on project status, contractual commitments, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Consults with the ECRS Design team to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve customer problems.
- Conducts pretesting of programs and software applications to validate and identify inconsistencies with the design specifications.
- Consults with the QA and Design teams to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Proficiency in JAVA.
- Expertise in Java and similar languages as well as common Java frameworks and best practices.
- Experience in software testing and debugging including the use of automated testing.
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- Experience with SQL (statements, store procedures, triggers).
- Experience developing and utilizing RESTful APIs.
- Basic understanding of a retail environment & operations.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Five years of experience recommended.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
ECRS is a fast-paced, progressive technology company with a wide range of opportunities for quality-oriented, career-minded individuals. Geographically situated in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, ECRS offers the unique opportunity high-tech career in a resort college town setting. The ECRS family is made up of energetic, outgoing professionals who love what they do for a living. They are courteous, knowledgeable people who strive for excellence in everything they do. ECRS employees work together in dynamic teams to create, sell, install, and support our best-in-class retail automation solutions.
ECRS is a no-mask requirement and no-vaccination requirement culture.
We believe that acceptance of diversity is a key reason as to why we're successful. All qualified applicants who can demonstrate integrity and competence will receive consideration for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, political affiliation, or national origin.