- 20-Apr-2021 to 01-Aug-2021 (EST)
- Professional Services
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: POS Implementation Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Professional Services - Implementation Team
REPORTS TO: Implementation Services Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The POS (Point of Sale) Implementation Specialist position serves as a customer-facing branch of ECRS. This position requires a high level of customer interaction in order to provide industry-defining implementation, support, and training for the company's hardware and software-based retail automation systems. An Implementation Specialist is required to travel extensively. This position acts as the ECRS on-site expert for networking, hardware, and other technical issues associated with the ECRS product line that performs their duties and responsibilities in getting a retail store installed, trained, and effectively running with their POS automation system.
- Travel extensively throughout the US and Canada to implement POS Systems in a wide variety of retail environments.
- Review all pertinent documentation prior to assigned installations to be fully prepared and knowledgeable.
- Unpack and install hardware and configure software specific to client needs.
- Facilitate successful implementations of software applications, networking, and security functionality.
- Document all activities in a manner compliant with the company's quality procedures.
- Work closely with internal company staff to manage workflow and communication.
- Assist to resolve hardware and software related issues at recently installed customer sites.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Escalate technical issues to the appropriate ECRS department when needed.
- Manage customer accounts at a level that promotes goodwill, confidence, and credibility in order to exceed customer expectations in terms of product, service, and support quality.
- Assist with remote installation of products, support-related tasks, and other miscellaneous tasks when not in the field.
- Provide functional training to customer's staff, or direct the customer on how and/or where to access training materials and programs.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to learn and keep current on services and applications.
- 2-year degree in a technical field or equivalent prior experience.
- 2 years of progressive experience repairing or servicing computer/system hardware and software and networking/wireless networking.
- Technical troubleshooting and reverse engineering abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Retail or related customer service field experience.
- Ability to work after hours, on weekends, and holidays as the schedule demands.
- Strong written/verbal communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Effective customer service skills, which includes a positive attitude, helpful customer interaction, and maintenance of ongoing customer relationship.
- Ability to travel on a heavy basis (45 of 52 weeks a year). Willingness to travel across the country when needed and bounce from one installation to the next.
- Physically able to lift 20+ lb. boxes.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License and Passport.
- Must have and maintain a record of safe and competent driving.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
ECRS is a fast-paced, progressive technology company with a wide range of opportunities for quality-oriented, career-minded individuals. Geographically situated in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, ECRS offers the unique opportunity high-tech career in a resort college town setting. The ECRS family is made up of energetic, outgoing professionals who love what they do for a living. They are courteous, knowledgeable people who strive for excellence in everything they do. ECRS employees work together in dynamic teams to create, sell, install, and support our best-in-class retail automation solutions.
We believe that acceptance of diversity is a key reason as to why we're successful. All qualified applicants who can demonstrate integrity and competence will receive consideration for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, political affiliation, or national origin.