- 24-Mar-2021 to 23-May-2021 (EST)
- NE Ohio
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Full Time
Maintenance Technician - Job Description
Are you someone who is looking for a career in automotive, but may not have the training yet? Conrad's is looking for team members who are willing to learn! No Experience needed, $500 sign on bonus offered, as well as paid training to learn your new career!
Performs basic inspections, diagnostic and mechanic services for automobiles and light trucks, ensuring optimal customer service and adherence to necessary safety regulations when operating machinery, equipment and tools. Inventories and requisitions stock and supplies and assists in facility maintenance.
All employees are expected to demonstrate core behaviors that help us provide the level of service that customers expect:
Self-motivated to take action and to do more than what is expected in order to deliver excellent service.
2. Desire to Learn
Actively seeks to build or acquire new knowledge in order to improve and develop skills.
3. Speed of Execution
Carries out job duties in a manner that demonstrates ability to achieve the expected level of efficiency, quality, and customer service.
4. Detail Orientation
Completes tasks accurately, thoroughly and with an eye toward quality, and in accordance with established processes and procedures.
Assumes personal responsibility for all aspects of work: quality, timeliness and results; seeking to complete tasks with little oversight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes a tire balancer and tire machine to mount and balance tires, repairs flats, perform tire rotations and conduct diagnostic tests to determine tire wear and vibration.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of tire lines in order to conduct tire related inventory functions, tire procedures, stock inquiries, and shipping and receiving.
- Performs LOF and visual inspections including: under hood, under car and wheel off.
- Performs basic remove and replacement functions including: battery and basic filter installations, wiper blade, headlamps and small bulb replacement.
- Performs alignments and flushes cooling systems power steering, transmission by effectively utilizing applicable equipment.
- Performs basic diagnostics including, but not limited to, recognizing noise or vibration problems after road testing.
- Assists with maintaining the facility by following proper opening and closing procedures, housecleaning, and performing other general maintenance duties.
Operates the following equipment acceptably and safely: tire machine, balancer, lube equipment, flat repair equipment, lifts, impact gun, torque wrench, tread depth gauge, grinder/wire wheel, micrometer, flush machines, torches, alignments rack and all equipment necessary to perform Tire & Alignment Technician role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform and enjoy each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum training required:
- Basic Services
- Starting and Charging Systems
- Automotive and/or tire knowledge and skills
- Automotive maintenance, remove and replacement knowledge and skills
- Basic automotive diagnostic skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS and REASONING ABILITY
Ability to add, sub tract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work standing up, walk, use hands and fingers to operate tools and equipment, and speak and listen, both over the phone and in person to customers and fellow employees, in order to perform the above listed duties. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to work in a seated position, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 75-100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The full time employee regularly works 40 hours per week.
- The employee regularly works Saturdays and occasionally works evenings.
- Travel between locations is occasionally required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and explosives. Fast paced working environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Acceptable driving record, in line with the stated Company Policy, and valid driver's license in the state in which they are employed with the Conrad Companies.
- The employee must comply with all aspects of Conrad's Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- A background check is required as a condition of employment.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Conrad's. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.