- San Diego, CA, USA
- 29.00-51.00 Salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Full Time
Electrical Consultants, Inc. (ECI) is a leading power engineering consultant firm that provides engineering, system planning and studies, technical consultation, project management, surveying, environmental planning, commissioning/testing and construction services to electric utilities, energy developers and industrials throughout the U.S. Our experience includes system voltages from 4.16 kV through 765 kV.
ECI has an immediate opening for a substation technician/inspector in San Diego, CA. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing on-site site verification and correction of substation electrical and physical drawings.
- Observing existing wiring at external equipment, zipper boxes, cabinets, and on indoor panel or junction box wiring and making necessary redlines on as-built drawings to reflect the actual wiring in the field. These redlines shall be carried through to the schematic, three line, and one line or relay functional level as appropriate at the job site.
- Observing existing features of external equipment, bus work, conduit, grounding, and foundations or structural members and making necessary redlines on as-built drawings to reflect the actual conditions in the field. These redlines shall be carried through to the general arrangement, elevations, and detail drawings as appropriate at the job site.
- Reviews complete project documentations for conformity specification as well as plan reading skills and the ability to observe for conformance to codes and quietly assurance.
Minimum Requirements: High School degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred; 5+ years related field experience. Successful applicant must be able to independently apply knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related construction fields. Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a team environment, commitment to quality and accuracy and a willingness to meet fast-paced project schedules. The successful applicant may be subject to client-mandated drug and background checking. Occasional travel/driving is required; therefore, the successful applicant will be subject to ECI's auto insurance carrier requirements. Applicants must not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status) now or in the future.
Salary commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include the following:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k), profit sharing and employee stock ownership plan
- Paid vacation, personal days and holidays
- Parental Leave Policy
- Continued professional education reimbursement
ECI employs over 650 engineers, designers, project managers, surveyors, right-of-way agents, environmental planners, construction professionals and support staff in 20+ engineering offices across the U.S. ECI has over 35 years of experience in the planning, engineering and construction of a wide range of power delivery projects including substations, transmission lines, energy storage facilities, distribution systems, communication systems and industrial electrical facilities. Visit our website at www.eciusa.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer