- Billings, MT, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Full Time
Benefits package includes: • Medical, dental and vision insurance • Flexible spending account • Health savings account • Life insurance • Disability insurance • 401(k), profit sharing and employee stock ownership plan • Paid vacation, personal days and holidays • Continued professional education reimbursement
Electrical Consultants, Inc. (ECI) is a leading power engineering consultant firm that provides engineering, system planning and studies, technical consultation, project management, surveying, environmental planning, commissioning/testing and construction services to electric utilities, energy developers and industrials throughout the U.S. Our experience includes system voltages from 4.16 kV through 765 kV.
The electrical and control systems designer will perform detailed design and drafting of electrical distribution and control systems for industrial and municipal customers. This includes field documentation of existing systems, close communications with project engineer(s) and customer personnel, and the creation of detailed electrical design drawings and documents for construction and future maintenance.
- Associates degree in drafting, engineering technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience as an Electrical Designer in an industrial setting
- Ability to mobilize throughout industrial facilities, including climbing stairs and ladders, negotiating narrow walkways, climbing over piping and other obstacles, walking long distances, lifting up to 30 pounds, etc.
- Experienced with AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and other common office software
- Working knowledge of common electrical systems drawings and documentation, such as electrical plans and elevations, conduit and cable schedules, one-line diagrams, MCC and switchgear layouts and details, electrical panel schedules, wiring diagrams, motor-control and other schematics, P&IDs, lighting plans, heat-trace diagrams, motor lists, instrument plans, control cabinet layouts and details, loop diagrams, P&IDs, instrument lists, instrument specification sheets, etc.
- Traveling out of town (typically less than 5%)
- Experience in petroleum refineries preferred
- Experience with Microstation software preferred
- Experience in drafting for multiple engineering disciplines preferred
- Familiarity with regional facilities and personnel preferred
- Prior consulting experience preferred
The successful applicant will be subject to client mandated drug and background checking. Occasional travel/driving will be required. Successful applicant is subject to ECI's auto insurance carrier requirements. Applicants must not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status) now or in the future.
Salary commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k), profit sharing and employee stock ownership plan
- Paid vacation, personal days and holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Continued professional education reimbursement
ECI employs over 650 engineers, designers, project managers, surveyors, right-of-way agents, environmental planners, construction professionals and support staff in 20+ engineering offices across the U.S. ECI has over 35 years of experience in the planning, engineering and construction of a wide range of power delivery projects including substations, transmission lines, energy storage facilities, distribution systems, communication systems and industrial electrical facilities. Visit our website at www.eciusa.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer