- Waterville, ME, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Full Time
Benefits package includes: • Medical, dental and vision insurance • Flexible spending account • Health savings account • Life insurance • Disability insurance • 401(k), profit sharing and employee stock ownership plan • Paid vacation, personal days and holidays • Continued professional education reimbursement
Electrical Consultants, Inc. (ECI), a leading power engineering consultant firm, is seeking a motivated individual to join our Waterville, ME office as a designer. A remote/hybrid work option would be considered for applicants that have extensive experience in substation design. The successful candidate will be responsible for design support to multiple design teams involved with the conceptual, preliminary and final design of substation and transmission line projects, 4 kV through 500 kV.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing complete drawings of structures, layouts, facilities or general arrangements including section and detail views and profiles in a manner to provide clear and concise representation of facilities.
- Preparing electrical single lines, AC & DC schematics and wiring drawings.
- Preparation of project drawings through preliminary selection of alternatives, layouts and arrangements.
- Demonstrating personal development of technical knowledge through interface with the engineering departments in the execution and review of project assignments.
- Acquiring and maintaining advanced skill levels through the progression of software releases and upgrades.
- Assisting in the training and advancement of skills for other, less -experienced designing and drafting department personnel.
Minimum Requirements: Electric substation design experience, including schematics, wiring diagrams, physical layout, and facility design. Effective verbal and written communication skills, results oriented and capable of completing design assignments with minimal direction. This position requires a strong work ethic with attention to detail, quality, schedule, and budget. Occasional travel may be required. Applicants must not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status).
Salary commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k), profit sharing and employee stock ownership plan
- Paid vacation, personal days and holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Continued professional education reimbursement
ECI employs over 650 engineers, designers, project managers, surveyors, right-of-way agents, environmental planners, construction professionals and support staff in 20+ engineering offices across the U.S. ECI has over 35 years of experience in the planning, engineering and construction of a wide range of power delivery projects including substations, transmission lines, energy storage facilities, distribution systems, communication systems and industrial electrical facilities. Visit our website at www.eciusa.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer