- 01-May-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Charlotte, MI, USA
- Full Time
Performs tasks related to food service, clean up, and documenting resident food acceptance. May assist with orientation and on the job training of new employees as directed by supervisor. Completes other duties as assigned by Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs the following duties listed and others as required to assure quality dietary requirements for the facility. This list does not include all duties required but to serve as a basis of expectations. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time.
- Responsible for handling and serving resident's food in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort in accordance with recognized standards, sanitary regulations, and established facility routines.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments, equipment, dishes, and utensils according to established policy and procedure. (see dietary procedure manual)
- Prepares, delivers, and picks up, resident food trays maintaining established meal schedules and in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Performs departmental cleaning and stocking of supplies as needed or directed by Director.
- May temporarily or in emergency situations provide assistance as required in all dietary functions.
- Responsible to avoid food waste when possible.
- Labels food and checks product shelf life to avoid food born illness.
- Reports observations concerning structural and equipment wear, defects and malfunctioning to supervisor.
- Handles food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Responsible for meeting Federal and State sanitation, food storage and food quality requirements.
- Responsible to keep the working area clean, orderly, safe and in good working order.
- Reports observations concerning structural and equipment wear, defects and malfunction to Director.
- Performs other duties as required by Director.
- Nursing home setting.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. when needed.
- Work in a clean, well lighted and ventilated areas. Atmosphere is warm and humid and employee is exposed to sudden temperature changes when entering refrigerators or freezers.
Must have a genuine interest in geriatrics and serving food for residents with high standards of quality. Ability to follow instructions, organize time and complete tasks with minimal supervision. Ability to adapt to frequent changes in routine.
Experience: Previous food service experience, preferably in a health care setting.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to walk, climb stairs, push and/or pull equipment as required. Prolonged standing or walking. Bends, lifts, carries, pushes and pulls various equipment and supplies throughout the work day. This position requires the ability to perform the essential functions described. These functions are not limited to the following requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these physical requirements.