- 01-May-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Environmental Services
- Charlotte, MI, USA
- Flexible Schedule
Performs housekeeping and floor care duties within the facility. Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs the following duties listed and others as required to improve the facility housekeeping requirements. This list does not include all duties required but to serve as a basis of expectations. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time.
- Maintains facilities standards for cleanliness, sanitation, appearance and conditions of equipment, facility by complying with established procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes resident rooms and other areas throughout the day.
- Sweep, mop, wax and strip all facility floors.
- Maintains housekeeping equipment, supplies and chemicals. Reports Supply and equipment needs to supervisor. Replenishes bathroom supplies (resident, public and private rooms).
- Perform other Housekeeping duties of dumping trash, polishing and cleaning of building and other equipment.
- Follows cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) as outlined for the housekeeping department.
- Performs terminal cleaning in resident rooms when discharged or transferred. Prepares room for new resident.
- Perform related work as required.
- Nursing home setting.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. when needed. Prolonged standing or walking. Bends, lifts, carries, pushes and pulls various equipment or supplies throughout the work day. Extended, evening, unusual or mandated working hours when required (for example, waxing floors during down times).
Ability to comprehend instructions, organize time and complete tasks with minimal supervision. Ability to adapt to frequent changes in routine. Ability to be flexible to meet changing demands as necessitated by variations in the nursing home routine. Capable to adapt to frequent changes in routine. Read and write English. Able to do simple addition and subtraction.
Experience: Three years or more of related experience. Long term care experience preferred.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to walk, climb stairs, push and/or pull equipment as required. Prolonged standing or walking. Bends, lifts, carries, pushes and pulls various equipment or stock throughout the work day. This position requires the ability to perform the essential functions described. These functions are not limited to these requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements.