- 19-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Charlotte, MI, USA
- Part Time
Gives basic nursing care and assistance in meeting the physical and emotional needs of the residents under the direct supervision of the charge nurse. Respect and concern for the residents well being must be shown at all times. Completes other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs the following duties listed and others as required to improve the standard of life for our residents. This list does not include all duties required but to serve as a basis of expectations. Duties and responsibilities may be added or modified at any time
- Reports to Charge Nurse any changes in resident's physical or mental health and completes appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for feeding, bathing, dressing, moving, oral hygiene and providing of other physical needs of the residents in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Provides maximum resident care services within limits defined by delegated tasks and maintains good housekeeping standards within assigned duty areas.
- Responsible to keep the facility clean, orderly and safe.
- Interacts with residents to determine their needs and booster their self-esteem with words of encouragement and support.
- Attends a minimum 12 hours per year in-service and/or training programs to remain current on changing State or Federal requirements on Health Care, Infections Diseases and others.
- Maintain Public Relations.
- Provide services to our residents regardless to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, handicap, marital status, sexual preference or source of payment.
Responsible to assure the safety of the residents and staff by:
- Picking up unsafe items off the floor and wiping up spills.
- Keeping fire exits clear.
- Making sure that residents and staff get help when needed.
- Removing all broken equipment from use and reporting same to the maintenance department.
- Knowing the location of all emergency equipment and fire extinguishers.
- Following Fire and Tornado Procedures
- Report all incidents by completing an incident report.
Following Infection Control Procedures:
- Keep work area clean.
- Collect and properly bag soiled items.
- Store supplies in appropriate areas.
- Frequently wash hands to prevent the transfer of infection and germs.
- Practice universal precautions.
Other Duties Include:
- Observe and report health and maintenance problems to one's immediate supervisor so as to arrange for corrective action.
- Maintaining equipment by proper use, cleaning and reporting equipment to be serviced.
- Staff members are expected to be clean and neat, and to adhere to the uniform policy, including the wearing of hair restraints when needed.
- Monitors resident for any changes in skin condition/sensitivity, pain during movements or other problem areas and reports same to the charge nurse.
- Responsible for cleaning and trimming resident's fingernails and toenails and reporting any podiatry needs to the charge nurse.
- Completes resident weights and designated re-weights.
- Assists with meals in the resident dining room.
- Marks dentures, eyeglasses and razors of new residents.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Long-term care or nursing home setting. May be exposed to residents with communicable diseases and irrational residents.
- Prolonged standing or walking. Bends, lifts, carries, pushes and pulls various equipment throughout the work day. Extended, unusual or mandated working hours when required.
- Lifting 50 + lbs. when assisting and/or reposition residents or equipment.
Must have a genuine interest in geriatric work. Must have the ability to cooperate with others and use tact and patience in dealing with residents, their families and visitors. Ability to be flexible to meet changing demands as necessitated by variations in the nursing home routine. Capable to adapt to frequent changes in routine. Read and write English. Able to do simple addition and subtraction. Able to competently operate a mechanical lift.
Previous experience as a CENA preferred.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Must have successfully completed an in house Certified Nursing Assistant educational/skills program or comparable accredited program and maintained certification. Ability to comprehend instructions, organize time and complete tasks with minimal supervision following normal training period.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to walk, climb stairs, push and/or pull residents and equipment as required. Prolonged standing or walking. Bends, lifts, carries, pushes and pulls various equipment throughout the work day. This position requires the ability to perform the essential functions described. These functions are not limited to the following requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these physical requirements.
This CENA job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, working conditions and qualifications required. I have read the above Job Description and understand the conditions set forth therein. I shall comply with the duties and obligations of this job description and perform them to the best of my ability utilizing to the fullest extent possible my knowledge and experience.