- 29-Nov-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- VA, USA
- Full Time
EBA is pleased to offer our employees an excellent benefit package including group health insurance (medical, prescription, dental, and vision), a wellness rewards program that can reduce or eliminate medical deductibles, company-paid life insurance, company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, a 401k retirement plan and match, ESOP participation, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, financial coaching, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities, and more.
EBA Engineering, Inc. (EBA) is seeking highly motivated material testing technician to join our Construction Management and Inspection team. A successful candidate will inspect and test all phases of highway and bridge construction in VDOT's Hampton Roads District. Successful material technician will inspect and test soils, aggregates, concrete, grout, masonry, asphalt, and structural steel placement in the Hampton, VA area. Applicants must ultimately demonstrate the ability to follow and perform testing procedures in accordance with national standards. The candidate should prepare detailed and complete field reports with all relevant test results and inspections/observations, perform basic tests on soil and concrete and preparing reports of results, communicate with clients, contractors, and engineering and technician staff regarding construction issues.
- High school diploma or GED
- Some construction experience is required. Prior experience in Field testing is preferred
- Possess current VDOT Materials Certifications (ACI Level I Concrete, State DOT, WACEL, or ICC certifications in the disciplines of soils, reinforced concrete, and masonry are a plus)
- Good communication skills (oral and in writing)
- Skilled in the use of materials testing equipment
- Skilled in the use of personal computers (Windows and MS Office applications) and project management software
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze roadway, structure, and bridge plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Ability to maintain detailed records, prepare reports, and maintain project files.
- Experience in construction, engineering, project management or materials testing and inspection.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to walk over rough and uneven terrain and be able to stand up to 12 hours a day on occasion.
- Must have the ability to bend, stoop, kneel and twist, use hands to grasp and arms to reach, to raise hands above head, to sit, climb and balance.
Candidates will be expected to work outside in adverse conditions (cold, heat and humidity), and may be exposed to dust, gas, fumes, noise and potential work at heights. Must be willing to work outside of normal hours (nights and weekends) as project needs dictate. Overnight travel may be required.
To be considered for this position you need to have all or most of the certifications listed below.
- VDOT or NICET Level I Soil and Aggregate Compaction
- VDOT Asphalt Field Level I
- VDOT or NICET Level I Hydraulic Cement Concrete Field
- VDOT Pavement Marking
- Nuclear Gauge Safety and Hazmat Training