- Tustin, CA, USA
- 65000-85000 per year
- Full Time
This position comes with a competitive salary, PTO, holidays, health insurance and 401(k).
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for a full-time Buyer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the procurement of supplies, raw material and equipment necessary for the operation of the organization. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k). If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A BUYER AT DWT
The Buyer will manage the RFQ and PO processes from initial issuance through completion, negotiate with suppliers, and requires the ability to collaborate, coordinate & communicate with a variety of departments through the entirety of each process. You will balance the material demand/supply and minimize stockout risk by analyzing the current inventory, forecasting the future needs, and scheduling the suppliers' shipments accordingly. This position is ideal for a self-starter with a proactive, ownership mentality and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace/defense.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical parts and their manufacturers/distributors.
- Ability to negotiate and manage business relationships.
- Proficient in MS Office. Advanced excel skills preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our initial quick mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER including Disability/Vets