- Tustin, CA, USA
- 70000-90000 per year
- Full Time
This position comes with a competitive salary, PTO, holidays, health insurance and 401(k).
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for a full-time Solidworks Modeler/Drafter. The successful candidate will support mechanical engineers with 3D solid modeling and drafting. This role will also set up parts and BOMs in Solidworks/SAGE and support migrating engineering drawings to a PDM system for improved drawing control. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k). If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A SOLIDWORKS MODELER/DRAFTER AT DWT
With limited supervision you will design components under the guidance of engineers, create models from blueprints and generate shop drawings for assemblies as needed using Solidworks 3D Modeling and 2D Drafting. You will also work on BOMs and assembly documentation, check mechanical/assembly drawings for accuracy and maintain revision control. Your job requires experience following and understanding ASME Y14.5-2018 and GD&T Drawing Standards.
- Associates degree in CAD for Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical designs or equivalent coursework and work experience in Drafting/Modeling
- Minimum of 3 years of experience creating mechanical and electro-mechanical models and drawings in Solidworks for 3D Modeling and 2D Drafting
- Ability to stay organized on task with multiple projects and deadlines
- Handle multiple project deliverables
- Preferred Software Experience: Solidworks 2021, PDM Pro, Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
- Previous work experience with military products and/or DOD is a plus
- Documenting wire and cable harnesses a plus
- ISO 9001 or AS9100 experience a plus
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our initial quick mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER including vets/disability.