- Tustin, CA, USA
- 100000-135000 per year Salary range dependent upon knowledge, skills and abilities of the candidate
- Full Time
This position comes with a competitive salary, PTO, holidays, health insurance and 401(k).
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for a Program Manager. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k). If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A Program Manager AT DWT
Under the Lead Program Manager supervision, the Program Manager is responsible for leading the organization to successful execution of cost, schedule and technical scope for assigned Defense programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Lead the Bid and Proposal efforts for all new customer solicitations
- Communicate bid process status with leadership team, including Win strategy and pricing
- Conduct technical review of customer's technical data package, resulting with a Bill of Material for make and buy parts
- Coordinate costing activities with Analysts, Engineering, Procurement and Manufacturing departments
- Coordinate, to include active participation, of writing technical volumes
- Lead Engineering Development Programs
- Lead multi-functional engineering teams on new development projects
- Responsible for technical leadership, creatively resolving design issues
- Create and manage project schedules, using schedules to drive on time execution
- Ensure cost and schedule at or below budget
- Lead Active Build-to-Print Programs
- Responsible for Schedule, Technical and Cost for assigned programs
- Kick off new programs
- Create/maintain Integrated Master Schedule
- Upload BOM into ERP system
- Create Work Orders within ERP system
- Create Procurement Demand Plan and coordinate w/ purchasing
- Manage project during entire life cycle
- Update ongoing schedule status
- Monitor costs and drive margin improvements
- Identify and mitigate schedule/technical/cost risks
- Bachelor of Science Degree in either Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or similar Engineering function
- Desire 3-5 years of experience within manufacturing facility, preferably aerospace/defense
- Experience managing engineering projects
- Experience developing products and transitioning products to production
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence varied audiences to gain support or resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and track performance to goals and objectives to complete complex or major projects and provide direction to the team at project milestones
- Experience creating and leading presentations on complex topics to top management, customers, and/or other key stakeholders
- Experience in Aerospace and Defense Electronics or Mechanical Component Design
- Experience working within ISO9001/AS9100 business processes
- This job requires extensive sitting or standing throughout the workday
Special Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities:
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient knowledge of Project management tools, including use of scheduling and cost analysis tools
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership and decision-making skills
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our initial quick mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER including vets/disability.