- Tustin, CA, USA
- 27-40 per hour This position will include shift differential for 2nd shift
- Full Time
This position comes with a competitive salary, PTO, holidays, health insurance and 401(k).
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for a full-time CNC Setup Machinist on mills. The successful candidate will be responsible for the setup and machining of quality parts with efficiency. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k). If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A CNC SETUP MACHINIST AT DWT
With limited supervision in a fast paced environment, you will perform first time or existing setups, and machine various grades of aluminum, titanium and steels to close tolerances on Mori Seki and Haas horizontal vertical and 5-axis mills with Okuma and Fanuc controls. You will complete self-inspection of your work, looking for discrepancies and blemishes. You will also recommend and select cutting tools, design fixtures and work holdings. It is expected that the shop employees maintain a clean work area and fill machine fluids daily. All DWT employees are expected to work in a safe manner, using proper PPE and report any safety issues to a lead or management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in CNC setups and operation of Mori Seki and Haas VF11.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings required
- Working knowledge of GD&T Methodology and experience tight tolerance parts
- Experience with Fanuc and Okuma controls and completed coursework in Mastercam preferred
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our initial quick mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER including vets/disability.