- Tustin, CA, USA
- 20-20 per hour
- Part Time
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for a part-time Accounting Intern. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing accounting, reporting and analysis to support company objectives and improvements for inventory management, product cost/ profitability, manufacturing productivity and overall process efficiency. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS AN ENGINEERING INTERN AT DWT
The Accounting Intern will, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles, and prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits, assist in the monthly close process, perform AR and AP related tasks, perform weekly bank reconciliation, prepare journal entries and account reconciliations. This role will support in preparing reports, projects and financial analysis to support senior management and business decisions. This position collaborates with the entire accounting team to accomplish assigned projects.
- Pursuing or recent graduate of bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Strong MS Excel (V-lookups, PivotTable, Sumif and Sumifs), Word and PowerPoint skills
- Candidate should be a strong self-starter, detail oriented, be able to take instruction and follow through on tasks, and collaborate well on a team
- Excellent communication across all levels of the DWT organization as well as with external contacts
- Must be able to work 16-20 hours per week
- Must be a qualified "U.S. person" eligible to work in the United States under ITAR regulations
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our initial mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER including Disability/Vets